• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

payment in paypal (without an account) not returning info

andyd64

Hi,

Hope someone can help, I have made purchases through paypal (with paypal account) and the order info works fine and after payment I am returned to my OSC site and all order details are recorded correctly.

However someone has just made a purchase using paypal but without having a paypal account. I receive the confirmation email from paypal but my site does not record the purchase at all. I have tried this myself and after making the payment in paypal (without an account) it does offer to return to merchant store but when I get there it asks me to log in again and no information about the order has been recorded, the item is still in stock etc.

I am currently using the default OS commerce paypal method.

There is lots of info on paypal in the forums but I am struggling to find the answer to my specific problem.

Andy

Hi again,

Does this mean the stock OSC paypal payment method does not work for everybody?.

Does anybody have the existing osc paypal module installed and can they go to paypal and pay (without a paypal account). do the order details appear in your store?

The best solution is to use the osc paypal IPN

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...,oscommerce+ipn

It's a very very quick and easy install.

It will help you capture the order data regardless of the situation.

I think you can set a "return" URL at Paypal, in which case the correct one would be http://yoursite.com/checkout_process.php

By far the best thing is the IPN, though.

Hi again,

Does this mean the stock OSC paypal payment method does not work for everybody?.

Does anybody have the existing osc paypal module installed and can they go to paypal and pay (without a paypal account). do the order details appear in your store?

The best solution is to use the osc paypal IPN

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...,oscommerce+ipn

It's a very very quick and easy install.

It will help you capture the order data regardless of the situation.

I think you can set a "return" URL at Paypal, in which case the correct one would be http://yoursite.com/checkout_process.php

By far the best thing is the IPN, though.

Thanks,

I have done that and it appears to work. At least I now should know about the orders now.

I was however trying to avoid this contrib as it conflicts with some others I wanted to use.

Still have the original question though does the stock OSC paypal work for anybody else (only when the customer pays by card and without a paypal account) or do I have an error in my store? The return address in paypal was already set and everything worked fine when they had a paypal account and paid using it.

Andy

As far as I know, it's not truly 'auto' return if you're using the stock pp module. To my knowledge, if they don't click the 'magic button' (return to merchant) ...then the order doesn't get finalized.

I don't think it has anything to do w/having or not having a pp account.

What contribution does ipn conflict with?

As far as I know, it's not truly 'auto' return if you're using the stock pp module. To my knowledge, if they don't click the 'magic button' (return to merchant) ...then the order doesn't get finalized.

I don't think it has anything to do w/having or not having a pp account.

What contribution does ipn conflict with?

I think he may be referring to fancie invoice and packing slip, but it would be nice to know for sure.