• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

paypal + oscommerece

GRut98034

i have the default paypal with oscommerece, i did a test check out got to the paypals site in the Payment For: it says thye sites addy will i be able to to know easily which the item(s) the payment is/are for? im afraid of shipping the wrong item.

it's possible. When you install contribution on a live store it's best to follow the manual instructions. Because usually the files with the contributions come from the default osc. If you have backup restore them and then do the update manually.

it's possible. When you install contribution on a live store it's best to follow the manual instructions. Because usually the files with the contributions come from the default osc. If you have backup restore them and then do the update manually.

i edited the file manually but the site addy still doesnt show up

do u have it installed? if u do whats your site?

i edited the file manually but the site addy still doesnt show up

do u have it installed? if u do whats your site?

I tried to do this, and had problems. I couldn't find the line/code in the second step...thats as far as I got

I really need to get this fixed because 3/4 of my customers don't finish the final steps, and I have to email them for there order...even though I got paid

Should I do this in my server, or on the os admin page (change permission codes on the server first)?

seems like whenever I mess with the codes a screw it up and get an error on my pages.....obviously I'm no guru so I would appreciate some tips.....one thing I do is edit the pages in word (and save an original in word as well)

thanks for any help

Should I do this in my server, or on the os admin page (change permission codes on the server first)?

To change the permission you would have to do this serverside where your files are stored. Look for rwx rwx rwx this stands for read wrtie examine. What I have just shown is call 777 permissions.

Hope this helps

why would you want your checkout files to be writable??

i tried this install and instead of the shop name, i get:

(Size: 12) |

which is the size of the product... not the product name. is it supposed to do that?

manually. this is a quick fix, there's no sense in over-writing a whole file for it.

let me know if you end up with the same thing i did. (it showing the size only)

I'm kind of skidish to try it, because last time I messed up the entire check out process on the site. Not knowing how to fix it I reinstalled os commerce...a major pain, but I can configure everything in less than an hour (practice makes perfect )

When I tried it before I edited the pages server side. I'm scared :( I don't want to mess up my site again.

I'm kind of skidish to try it, because last time I messed up the entire check out process on the site. Not knowing how to fix it I reinstalled os commerce...a major pain, but I can configure everything in less than an hour (practice makes perfect )

When I tried it before I edited the pages server side. I'm scared :( I don't want to mess up my site again.

"Better Paypal Description" makes the client aware of what product the customer paid for on the paypal order processing screen?

This is almost like the reverse of the paypal IPN contribution. It's almost as though these 2 modules should be combined together.

I'm having a similar problem, I need to know what orders my customers make and I was thinking about doing it on paypal instead of oscommerce.

So, right now I'm debating on which module is easier to install. Do you have an opinion?

-K

I set up auto return on the paypal end...I haven't had any purchases yet so I'm just waiting for one.....looks like its gonna work though

just log into your paypal

go to profile

there are options you can set ( I can't remember exactly but it something like website options)

just check the auto return and put in your website address with catalog/checkout_process.php at the end

I set up auto return on the paypal end...I haven't had any purchases yet so I'm just waiting for one.....looks like its gonna work though

just log into your paypal

go to profile

there are options you can set ( I can't remember exactly but it something like website options)

just check the auto return and put in your website address with catalog/checkout_process.php at the end

I too set up auto return but am not having any luck with it. I still get the option at Paypal sandbox to either continue with Paypal or return to merchant site. If they don't return to my site, the order doesn't get written to the database and I never see the order. Anyone know of a fix for this? I'm not really code savvy either but get by.

I too set up auto return but am not having any luck with it. I still get the option at Paypal sandbox to either continue with Paypal or return to merchant site. If they don't return to my site, the order doesn't get written to the database and I never see the order. Anyone know of a fix for this? I'm not really code savvy either but get by.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,871

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1153

It worked for me

I'm not savy enough to add one of the contributions...I don't want to mess up my site again.

Archived