• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need some general info plse

ozmart2005

I have to set up OsCommerce and I am afriad I am a bit ignorant of the pre-requisites that I will need....not the technical stuff PHP, MySQL etc) but the other stuff, e.g. payment gateway, digital certificate, SSL, credit cards etc

My problem is, I don't really know what I don't know! Can someone succinctly summarize for me everything that I will need in place before setting up OC? For example, I know I will definately need a payment gateway..but what else?

Also does it support the GST we have here in Australia?

This stuff doesn't seem to be covered much in the docs. Thks.

I have to set up OsCommerce and I am afriad I am a bit ignorant of the pre-requisites that I will need....not the technical stuff PHP, MySQL etc) but the other stuff, e.g. payment gateway, digital certificate, SSL, credit cards etc

My problem is, I don't really know what I don't know! Can someone succinctly summarize for me everything that I will need in place before setting up OC? For example, I know I will definately need a payment gateway..but what else?

Also does it support the GST we have here in Australia?

This stuff doesn't seem to be covered much in the docs. Thks.

1. Payment gateway - Most people use Paypal but make sure you install the PayPal IPN in the contribution section

2. Paypal takes care of the credit/debit cards

3. Your hosting provider can give you more info aboutyour ssl certificate

4. If you are unsure of how to install contributions then ask someone - you will onyl end up breaking your site and asking people here to help you fix it which they will, but your store is broken whilst it is being fixed

5. Make sure as far as possible yourhost is php4 and mysql - osc is not completely ready for 5 yet

6. What is GST?

Hope that helps

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

1. Payment gateway - Most people use Paypal but make sure you install the PayPal IPN in the contribution section

2. Paypal takes care of the credit/debit cards

3. Your hosting provider can give you more info aboutyour ssl certificate

4. If you are unsure of how to install contributions then ask someone - you will onyl end up breaking your site and asking people here to help you fix it which they will, but your store is broken whilst it is being fixed

5. Make sure as far as possible yourhost is php4 and mysql - osc is not completely ready for 5 yet

6. What is GST?

Hope that helps

Hi Mark

Very helpful, thankyou.

GST = Goods and Services Tax, a 10% tax on everything similar to a VAT

The thing I'm a bit hazy on is the relationship of the Payment Gtaeway to the SSL cert?

Hi Mark

Very helpful, thankyou.

GST = Goods and Services Tax, a 10% tax on everything similar to a VAT

in that case yes it is set up in admin/localization/taxes

regards

mark

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

Archived