• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing of language

eugenelim

Hi all,

well i would need some help if possible a step by step guide in changing the language.

i have already downloaded a chinese simplified language pack(gb2312).. i extracted it and placed admin and catalog into it's folder.i have also added the new language under the admin/localization/language side... but my website is still in english even after i change the view of things..

i am a newbie in .php command files so i dont really know how to do modification there... i would hope someone would be good enough and actually post a step by step guide for me to install this pack and reconfigure the php files to get to change my website into a chinese language website.

thanks in advance

I am having the same problem and I still cannot get the site to load up in the new default language Portuguese. Anyway I was able to chenge the language by clicking on the country flag in the catalog or selecting the country from a dropdown in Admin.

See if that works

i got the language pack to work now... i dont know how.. but the next problem i am facing is whenever i choose the china logo on the catalog page... it skips to another page and still the language is still in english although i have already change most of the text=/

anyone can help with that?

Eugene,

Were you able to get Chinese to load as the default language ? i.e. as you load up your site is starts off in chinese ?

On mine I have English, german and Portuguese where English used to be the default and now I changed that to Portuguese but it still loads up in English first.

hi ppl,

a have same problem with my translation on serbian language.

I HAVE SOLLUTION FOR CLICK ON THE LANGUAGE FLAG DONT OPEN THE RIGHT LANGUAGE.

please be patient i will post answer here soon. just need to find out in wich file i do it. :)

Archived