• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order total at checkout

sackling

Hello,

I searched through the contributions but could not come across one that would enable me to show the order total including shipping and tax during the second step of the checkout when the user is to put in the credit card. does something like that exist?

Thanks,

Robert

The fasteasycheckout contribution does this. There is a javascript function that dynamically updates the total depending on what shipping method you choose.

Got to say that I couldn't get this bit to work yet. Can't get any ajax stuff to work so it might as well be related to my browser.

Anyway, even without this total showing up, I have the subtotal and the shipping cost showing above the payment option so the customer can at least calculate that before he goes ahead with the payment.

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Feedback and suggestions on my shop welcome.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

Archived