• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Moving Catalog Folder

analyzer

Hi installed my store to the catalog folder by default .. but now i want to move it to the root .. please give me an idea how i should do this without breaking anything!

Thanx

Hi installed my store to the catalog folder by default .. but now i want to move it to the root .. please give me an idea how i should do this without breaking anything!

Thanx

Make a backup first of your files and then your database.

Then all you need to do is to is to then move all your files to the root folder from the catalog folder.

Then update your includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php file and change the instances of '/catalog/' to '/'.

Unless you have any other modifacations that also need to be changed that is all there is to do.

Easy huh?

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

Make a backup first of your files and then your database.

Then all you need to do is to is to then move all your files to the root folder from the catalog folder.

Then update your includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php file and change the instances of '/catalog/' to '/'.

Unless you have any other modifacations that also need to be changed that is all there is to do.

Easy huh?

Yep it's easy .. i figured it out but wanted to make sure before making massive changes. Now the prob is i need a good contribution for thumbnails and popup images. I checked UltraPics but looks like lot of trouble .. please let me know if there's something simple and effective out there.

Thanx

Well PhpMyAdmin is a free download - just grab it and install it here:

http://www.phpmyadmin.net

It's worth it if you don't know how to access and query MySQL via SSH.

I installed more pics contribution and phpMyAdmin but when i go to Admin - Catagories i get this error msg ...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in F:\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\admin\categories.php on line 729

i followed instructions carefully and tried it several time with clean setup!

Archived