• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Database access

ralph456

Hello, I'm new here and that's my first question:

When I activated mySQL database at my webspace provider for installing oscommerce I got the database-name, database-user, database-password send via e-mail from my webspace provider. When installing oscommerce I just entered those database datas and everything works. However, I have no direct access to that database, cant see the entries or put other sql files into that database, like for example when installing other contributions that require to upload sql files into the database.

Do I have to ask my provider what to do or is there another solution how to upload sql files into the database? :rolleyes:

I'm sure there's probably another way, but I would guess it's probably not the easy way :)

I would ask your host, or go digging around a little bit, in the place you went to add the database.

See if there's a link to something called "phpmyadmin". If so, that's the place for database access. :)

Hello, I'm new here and that's my first question:

When I activated mySQL database at my webspace provider for installing oscommerce I got the database-name, database-user, database-password send via e-mail from my webspace provider. When installing oscommerce I just entered those database datas and everything works. However, I have no direct access to that database, cant see the entries or put other sql files into that database, like for example when installing other contributions that require to upload sql files into the database.

Do I have to ask my provider what to do or is there another solution how to upload sql files into the database? :rolleyes:

Archived