• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Which payment module for credit card payments???

a_i786

basically i want to accept credit card payments via my oscommerce site but i do not want to use paypal or nochex... i want to use a PSP (payment service provider), natwest have recommended streamline as the merchant and worldpay as the psp.. what i want to know is if i use world pay with my oscommerce site will the customer leave my site to make the payment like with paypal payments?

also are there any other payment service providers that can be used with oscommerce and the output screen the customer sees is my site and not the psp's.

thanx in advance

regards

I'm not sure about worldpay as a PSP, but I use Protx as a PSP (with LloydsTSB Cardnet as the merchant account).

If you use the Protx Direct osc module then the customer never leaves your site it is all processed in the background.

There is a worldpay module but i have never use it to know if you have to leave site or not.

HTH,

Tom

Both WorldPay and Protx allow payment page customisation, so even if you do go to their hosted pymt page, it can look like your site.

WorldPay admin area has the edge on ProTx for slickness and functionality IMO, but ProTx is also a good system and normally works out a bit cheaper.

Note that WorldPay can function as both Payment Service Provider and Merchant Account, whereas with ProTx it is just a Payment Service Provider and you need a separate merchant ac (which could be NatWest I reckon). Bear this is mind when comparing charges. ProTx still normally works out cheaper, but check the transaction charges that NatWest will make for its merchant ac service.

Rgds

Accel

also are there any other payment service providers that can be used with oscommerce and the output screen the customer sees is my site and not the psp's.

________________________________________________________________________________

Alternatively you can check with www.ChronoPay.com you can use their service with oscommerce.

Edited by thegateways