• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how to put a link into main text area

I am really new at this, and have successfully changed quite a bit of my stores look with all the great contributions, and tips here.

I really need to know how to link(the correct php language?) to another page on my website in the main text area on the catalog page. Can someone please help me?

Many thanks in advance.

Kerry

I pasted this from this knowledge base page

Text Links

Text links can be added a couple of ways which is a matter of preference.

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT) . '">' . 'CHECKOUT' . '</a>'; ?>

Or like this:

<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="links"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?></a>

Hope that might help. If not, let me know.

I am really new at this, and have successfully changed quite a bit of my stores look with all the great contributions, and tips here.

I really need to know how to link(the correct php language?) to another page on my website in the main text area on the catalog page. Can someone please help me?

Many thanks in advance.

Kerry

I pasted this from this knowledge base page

Text Links

Text links can be added a couple of ways which is a matter of preference.

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT) . '">' . 'CHECKOUT' . '</a>'; ?>

Or like this:

<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="links"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?></a>

Hope that might help. If not, let me know.

I really appreciate the reply but I can't get it to work :blush: the following may help you see what I want to do.

An excerpt from my catalog...

...come back and visit us often as we will be introducing new products from time to time. Please make sure to visit our Product Details page for a listing of ingredients we use in our Naturals product line.

The bold underlined word is what I want to be able to click on to reach the following page http://www.countryspun.com/Soap_Product_Details.html

Thanks again for any help...

Archived