• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

new to OSCommerce... changing the layout?

kev269

Hi,

I have a template for OSCommerce and before I test it out online, could someone please tell me whether it is possible to change the layout of the template around such as moving the navigation from the left to the right? Is it also possible to change the colours of the template such as colours of the text and borders? and is this all done through the admin section of OSCommerce?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Hi,

I have a template for OSCommerce and before I test it out online, could someone please tell me whether it is possible to change the layout of the template around such as moving the navigation from the left to the right? Is it also possible to change the colours of the template such as colours of the text and borders? and is this all done through the admin section of OSCommerce?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Kev, that certainly depends on your template. Many tempates use images instead of hex colors, so you'd have to change image colors. Shifting around stuff is always possible, but likewise sometimes by a click sometimes by changing php code. Even the same templating company will use different methods - and you didn't mention if the template was done for raw osCommerce, for CRE loaded, for osCommerce with BTS or STS ect etc etc.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived