• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

easypopulate question

videobus

How can I have EP display each item as it processes them? The progress bar does not tell me where it's at in the file.

I tried to insert 'echo' in several places, but it displays only when completed. I have 20k+ items to test and would like to see it while it's working. Sometimes I don't know if its hung up or not.

There is a contribution support thread for easypopulate, try posting there as it may already have the answer posted there.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

How can I have EP display each item as it processes them? The progress bar does not tell me where it's at in the file.

I tried to insert 'echo' in several places, but it displays only when completed. I have 20k+ items to test and would like to see it while it's working. Sometimes I don't know if its hung up or not.

in my ep version 2.79a it has the echos ...

if ($v_products_model != "") {

// products_model exists!

array_walk($items, 'print_el');

// First we check to see if this is a product in the current db.

$result = tep_db_query("SELECT products_id FROM ".TABLE_PRODUCTS." WHERE (products_model = '". $v_products_model . "')");

if (tep_db_num_rows($result) == 0) {

// insert into products

$sql = "SHOW TABLE STATUS LIKE '".TABLE_PRODUCTS."'";

$result = tep_db_query($sql);

$row = tep_db_fetch_array($result);

$max_product_id = $row['Auto_increment'];

if (!is_numeric($max_product_id) ){

$max_product_id=1;

}

$v_products_id = $max_product_id;

echo "<font color='green'>" . NEW_PRODUCT_EP . "</font><br>";

$query = "INSERT INTO ".TABLE_PRODUCTS." (

products_image,

products_model,

products_price,

products_status,

products_last_modified,

products_date_added,

products_date_available,

products_tax_class_id,

products_weight,

products_quantity,

manufacturers_id)

VALUES (

'$v_products_image',";

// unmcomment these lines if you are running the image mods

/*

$query .= . $v_products_mimage . '", "'

. $v_products_bimage . '", "'

. $v_products_subimage1 . '", "'

. $v_products_bsubimage1 . '", "'

. $v_products_subimage2 . '", "'

. $v_products_bsubimage2 . '", "'

. $v_products_subimage3 . '", "'

. $v_products_bsubimage3 . '", "'

*/

$query .=" '$v_products_model',

'$v_products_price',

'$v_db_status',

CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,

$v_date_added,

$v_date_avail,

'$v_tax_class_id',

'$v_products_weight',

'$v_products_quantity',

'$v_manufacturer_id')

";

$result = tep_db_query($query);

} else {

// existing product, get the id from the query

// and update the product data

$row = tep_db_fetch_array($result);

$v_products_id = $row['products_id'];

echo "<font color='black'>" . UPDATE_EP . "</font><br>"; $row = tep_db_fetch_array($result);

$query = 'UPDATE '.TABLE_PRODUCTS.'

SET

products_price="'.$v_products_price.

'" ,products_image="'.$v_products_image;

// uncomment these lines if you are running the image mods

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Thanks Monika, but that is what I have also.

BTW I'm still using 2.60 because I still can't get the newest version 2.8x to work yet (but that's another problem for later). Also, looking through the code for 2.8x, I won't have a need for many of the other features it has, so I placed it on a very low priority to have the latest version working.

The problem is, it displays this line only after it's has completed the task, not while it's running. Then I can see all the 20k items whether new or updated. On a small upload, it won't make much difference, but 20k items sometimes takes hours (384k upload speed).

As I mentioned before, I inserted this line of code in many different places and it still didn't display while in progress.

I like to see this while processing each item, one at a time.

One other thought:

The data to be populated resides on the server, so why does each item have to download to my machine, then EP inserts/updates it back to the server?

If that is what EP does, is there a way to have the server read the data directly from its location, without having it download to EP on my machine and EP upload it back to the server (one item at a time)?

for rows you know you will not change, you do not need to upload ... they will be left the way they are now.

A while ago I saw a post about an index in the database missing and EP being seconds fast as soon as that was set. Do a search (maybe on google).

I have not done considerable uploads like that one, so I do not have your experience.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived