• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I access the Catalog and Admin tools?

paul_nicho

Hi all, I know this is a really stupid newb question, but I have installed OScommerce, and i previously got to the point where the install was successful and I got the Admin and Catalog buttons. I have come back to do more work today and can't work out how to access the Catalog and Admin tools. None of the documentation seems to tell me where these are located.

When I go to my www.domainname.com/catalog address I can see the OSCommerce demo page installed.

I feel like I have followed all the instructions eactly right. Please help a stupid newb.

Hi all, I know this is a really stupid newb question, but I have installed OScommerce, and i previously got to the point where the install was successful and I got the Admin and Catalog buttons. I have come back to do more work today and can't work out how to access the Catalog and Admin tools. None of the documentation seems to tell me where these are located.

When I go to my www.domainname.com/catalog address I can see the OSCommerce demo page installed.

I feel like I have followed all the instructions eactly right. Please help a stupid newb.

This stumped me way back when as well...

www.domainname.com/catalog/admin should take you to your admin area...

~bobsi18~

Thanks, but when I try that I get the following message.

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@{my web address}.com.au and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

This error message doesn't help me much as I am the webmaster. Anyone else able to inform me if I haven't installed something properly? Any help will be rewarded with positive karma!

I am taking over from previous designer, I am new to oscommerce. Previous designer had no directory labeled catalog. To log in to control panel was just www.mysite.com/admin

This takes person to control panel.

Paula

Archived