• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can't 'continue' from step 1 to step 2/WebFusion

teclogirl

After having troubleshooted my way through all sorts of errors, I've finally got to the installation stage - the first step loads fine with the two boxes checked, but when I press 'continue', the page just refreshes itself without moving to the next step, although no error messages appear.

I have searched through this forum and all over the web looking for an answer and this thread was the closest thing I found:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...54entry522554

But, still nobody seems to be able to solve the problem...

If it's something to do with running PHP4 rather than PHP5 than, then I am confused - my hosting package (Linux Fusion Professional at www.webfusion.co.uk) claims to run both scripts.

I have set all the permissions according to instructions (755 for the folders, 777 for the configure.php, 644 for everything else) and I have my database created with all the info ready to be entered, but I can't get to step 2 in order to enter it - it's very frustrating!

Added to which, whilst looking for a solution I have come across other posts which suggest that WebFusion is incompatible with oscommerce and that I will be unable to administer things securely later on?? If this is the case, perhaps I am better off quitting now and moving to another host?

Any advice or info would be hugely, hugely appreciated!

Thanks

Sally

This is a link for Vger's quick install guide: here

That should help you

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

This is a link for Vger's quick install guide: here

That should help you

Thanks for replying - I did read Vger's guide before I started and it doesn't contain anything relating to the problem I'm having. I simply cannot get the installation process to move from step one to step two - I note that others have had the same problem and nobody was able to offer a solution in any of the threads I read, so I thought I'd try asking the question again to see if anybody's figured it out yet - I guess not?

Thanks again for trying 'though...

Sally

Archived