• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New install - broken images

vinkeith

I have seen many posts in regards to this subject but no answers...can anyone please tell me if there is any other documentation reagarding issues (pg 10 of the documentation touches on the subject) with broken images with a new install? I have tried correcting the paths to the stylesheets in each index.php page but the images are still broken.

Are there ay other pages I should focus on changing the paths to?

Thanks,

Vince

I have seen many posts in regards to this subject but no answers...can anyone please tell me if there is any other documentation reagarding issues (pg 10 of the documentation touches on the subject) with broken images with a new install? I have tried correcting the paths to the stylesheets in each index.php page but the images are still broken.

Are there ay other pages I should focus on changing the paths to?

Thanks,

Vince

Most likely the problem is in your configure.php files. You need to make sure you have the correct path info.

If you right click on the box where the images should be you should see the path where osC is looking for the images. Compare that to where they actually are and change the path in your configure.php file to match the actual location.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Most likely the problem is in your configure.php files. You need to make sure you have the correct path info.

If you right click on the box where the images should be you should see the path where osC is looking for the images. Compare that to where they actually are and change the path in your configure.php file to match the actual location.

I also had a problem with the photos on first upload/install (with pics being either missing or squashed)....I had followed the instructions on install (using the ascii FTP transfer mandate...didn't work - three times)...so I deleted the folder from my hosting site, and re-FTP'd using the BINARY method...instant pics! If that was your issue, perhaps this is your resolution.

I had followed the instructions on install (using the ascii FTP transfer mandate...didn't work - three times)...so I deleted the folder from my hosting site, and re-FTP'd using the BINARY method...instant pics!

You never upload images in ASCII mode! What instructions told you to?

That was it...it's fixed

I deleted all of the image folders and re-ftp'd them in binary mode and Voila!

Thanks Guys!

How can the documentation be changed to clarify this point? I wasted a lot of time before posting...

Vince

Archived