• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How can i layout the product page like this??

sumario

Hi,

I know you can change the layout of the product listing page in the product_listing.php file but i have no clue where to even begin.

I want to have a layout like this person has done with an image of the product and directly below is the price, a details button and an add to cart button.

the example site

If some one can please help me to even begin how to have a layout like that, i will be very much greatful.

Thankyou.

The site you are refering to has been in the store feedbacks sections for some time - maybe you should ask the designer directly?

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

The site you are refering to has been in the store feedbacks sections for some time - maybe you should ask the designer directly?

actually, that code is from a template ... not sure the templating company would love for it to be reused for free. I have used this one before so I know ...

Anyway I'd start with the contrib chooch suggested.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Hi,

thanks for the link to the contribution, ill try that.

I dont want to copy it just like that. i just really want how to have a layout like that as many of the shops have that kind of layout.

Hi,

thanks for the link to the contribution, ill try that.

I dont want to copy it just like that. i just really want how to have a layout like that as many of the shops have that kind of layout.

in that case that contrib will perfectly help you ... I've used it several times.

Monika

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

it is right for me, only problem is that i get this error:

Warning: Missing argument 3 for display_price() in /home/tradesum/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/currencies.php on line 72

Warning: Missing argument 3 for display_price() in /home/tradesum/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/currencies.php on line 72

Now the contribution but what i think is the error is from is the confliction of another contribution total b2b which hides the prices until logged in.

This is line 72 in the currencies.php file:

function display_price($products_id, $products_price, $products_tax, $quantity = 1) {

is there way to fix this or do i have to remove the layout contribution and look else where :(

Thanks.

for now i can just remove the prices as well from the listing in the admin panel which is ok in this case but for future reference, if there is a possible fix let me know.

Thankyou.

for now i can just remove the prices as well from the listing in the admin panel which is ok in this case but for future reference, if there is a possible fix let me know.

Thankyou.

I'm sure that if you are using that contrib, it calculates the price (and hides if necessary) in a bunch of other boxes also. Just steal the code there - with all parameters.

Monika

Archived