• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to change a PC configuration?

Lao

I tried the Custom Computer Configurator and PC Pro Creator (without good results), but now I saw something else on other IT shop. I sell computer components and ready to go PC systems. Here's an example of what I'm looking for:

Let's say I have an AMD Sempron 2800+ configuration with 256 MB DDRAM, 40 GB HDD and so on. I want below this base configuration to have multiple selection choices of upgrading:

- for Athlon64 3000+ (+ 1234 Euro)

- for Athlon64 3200+ (+ 12345 Euro)

- for extra 256 DDRAM (+ 123 Euro)

- for extra 768 DDRAM (+ 1234 Euro)

- for extra 80 GB HDD (+ 123 Euro)

- for extra 120 GB HDD (+ 1234 Euro)

and so on for other components. Is there a contribution that does that? I'd really apreciate it if you'd tell me wich one. I searched the contributions section, but I must admit that I didn't know very well for what terms to search.

Sorry for my bad english language!

If you dont want to either of the two contributions you have mentioned, you may have to set up product attributes for each system. I personally use ccc9.3, with no problems. I tried pcpro creator, and found it very difficult to set up.

Have a look at my store HERE . The site is now used only as a test bed for other modifications. If you are having trouble using this contribution there is a forum HERE

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

I didn't like CCC 9.3 and Pc Pro Creator. In fact, I only had problems with CCC.

Can you point me to a good and simply product attributes contrib?

I didn't like CCC 9.3 and Pc Pro Creator. In fact, I only had problems with CCC.

Can you point me to a good and simply product attributes contrib?

You can do this without ANY contributions, you know? The default attribute system is clunky, but it will do what you're looking to do. Just set the base configuration items to a 0.00 value. So..

Computer description - Base Price

more description...

Option 1:

1 GB RAM +0.00

2 GB RAM +29.00

Option 2:

40 GB HD +0.00

80 GB HD +40.00

Using something like Attribute sets may make this easier, but it certainly isn't required. If you install Attribute sets, you can then just set the computer description, base price, and then add the sets for ram, HD, etc.

LinuxDave

As LinuxDave says, you can do it using only product attributes, see my site below. I'm not saying it's the best solution, far from it, but I also had trouble getting the related contributions to work. If it's the sort of thing you are looking for, and you need any help with it, give me a shout.

Custom Build Page

Hello again guys!

Make me understand: I set the price of the base configuration to 0.00 and below the configuration's description options should appear?! Well... they don't appear, as I'm sure I'm doing something stupid.

Jodoi, i liked your configuration's options of upgrading, how can I do mine show like this?

Here are three AMD systems in my site:

http://www.maycon.ro/index.php?cPath=138_140

And here's the first of them, AMD Gamers:

http://www.maycon.ro/product_info.php?cPat...products_id=325

Well, I played with product attributes for the first time today (for almost 20 minutes) and I have to say it's what i was looking for. But, is there a way to make my work easier in the future, as I'm forced by my country echonomy to adjust every component price in shop and after that in product attributes' options?

First try:

http://www.maycon.ro/product_info.php?cPat...products_id=432

Thats where using a contribution like ccc9.3 comes in handy as it takes the prices directly from the database.

There must be a way to get your attributed to do exactly the same thing. But dont ask me how. I have asked this same question on these forums and got no reply.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

I tried CCC 9.3 AND PC Creator Pro last week.

I tried the original Product Attributes from OS Commerce just 2 days ago and I liked it best. The only "problem" with it is that it doesn't automaticly take prices from database. If it would do that, original product attributes would be the best for me.

• 1 month later...
I tried CCC 9.3 AND PC Creator Pro last week.

I tried the original Product Attributes from OS Commerce just 2 days ago and I liked it best. The only "problem" with it is that it doesn't automaticly take prices from database. If it would do that, original product attributes would be the best for me.

Hi, is it possible to set up BTO process (Build-To-Order) with attributes to avoid impossible combinations such as : CPU Intel + Motherboard for AMD etc..? So called depencies.?

Regards,

Nenad

Archived