• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Database performance at checkout

thewitt

I have a resonably sized store with 1000 products, 4000 customers and 6000 orders in history - with an average of 3-5 order history records for each order.

Recently I've had complaints about performance problems at the end of the checkout process.

Orders are written to the database, and then the system seems to hang for 2-3 minutes before it returns with the success screen for the user. I can see the order record has been written into the database already, but the system still hangs.

Any ideas where to look?

Thanks,

-t

I have a resonably sized store with 1000 products, 4000 customers and 6000 orders in history - with an average of 3-5 order history records for each order.

Recently I've had complaints about performance problems at the end of the checkout process.

Orders are written to the database, and then the system seems to hang for 2-3 minutes before it returns with the success screen for the user. I can see the order record has been written into the database already, but the system still hangs.

Any ideas where to look?

Thanks,

-t

confirmation email

Treasurer MFC

confirmation email

have you optimised your tables recently to rid the tables of the overhead?

try that and see if it improves performance

Regards

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

have you optimised your tables recently to rid the tables of the overhead?

try that and see if it improves performance

Regards

Thanks. It didn't help - though it was a good thought.

I'll check out the confirmation email - though any other email functions seem to work quickly from with the store - then I suppose I'll have to simply put some debug statements in the checkout code and see where it leads me.

-t

I found it. I have not fixed it yet, but I found it.

This query in checkout_success is taking over 100 seconds

QUERY select o.orders_status,p.* from orders o LEFT JOIN paypalipn_txn p on p.item_number = o.orders_id AND o.customers_id = '3' order by o.date_purchased desc limit 1

-t

The fix for the above problem is to change the AND in the query to a WHERE. I'm not sure why it was an AND in the first place, but the right query is WHERE and it's now instant.

-t

Archived