• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Quantity on Product page (product_info.php)

What code can I put in product_info.php to add a "Quantity" box for the customer to enter the amount of an item they'd like to purchase?

I know they can enter/change quantity from the Cart page but I'd also like them to be able to do that from the product view page.

Thanks!

What code can I put in product_info.php to add a "Quantity" box for the customer to enter the amount of an item they'd like to purchase?

I know they can enter/change quantity from the Cart page but I'd also like them to be able to do that from the product view page.

Thanks!

check the contribution section - it's all there! just seach for quantity and product and it should pop up. Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

Thanks for your reply.

I had actually searched prior to posting and wasn't able to find a solution... if you could point me more clearly in the proper direction it'd be a great help!

Also, just searched again before making this post and still didn't find anything...

Actually just quicker to give you a copy of my txt files - please note the bug fix at the end:

Modified from Brandon Clark's version, which was built off of Sean Wang's and Doug Murray's versions.

Notes from 420: Difference in this version is purely cosmetic. I did this for those who aren't familiar enough with HTML to fix it themselves. Changes are as follows:

- Changed "Quantity" to "Qty:"

- Fixed the misalignment issue between the Qty box and the Add to Cart button.

- Added a space between the Qty label and textbox

- Added a .gif seperator between the Qty box and the Add to Cart button

This adds a quantity option on the item description page, so that customers can easily add multiple quantities to their shopping cart.

It creates a text box with max length of 2 digits before the add to cart button. The label for the text box uses a variable from the current language.

================================================================================

==========================

in catalog/product_info.php on line 213:

replace:

<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>

with:

<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo TEXT_QUANTITY . tep_draw_input_field('quantity', '1', 'SIZE=2 maxlength=2') . tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '5', '1') . tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART, 'align=absmiddle'); ?></td>

in catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 358:

replace:

$cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']))+1, $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']);

with:

$cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']))+ (int)$HTTP_POST_VARS['quantity'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']);

in catalog/includes/languages/english/product_info.php on line 21 (and any other language you use):

after:

define('TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE', 'Click to enlarge');

add:

define('TEXT_QUANTITY', 'Qty:');

==============================

OPTIONAL FOR OTHER LANGUAGES

==============================

in catalog/includes/languages/german/product_info.php on line 21 (and any other language you use):

after:

add:

define('TEXT_QUANTITY', 'Quantit?t:');

in catalog/includes/languages/german/product_info.php on line 21 (and any other language you use):

after:

add:

define('TEXT_QUANTITY', 'Cantidad:');

In application_top.php, change these lines:

case 'add_product' : if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']) && is_numeric($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'])) {

$cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']))+1, $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']);

to this:

case 'add_product' : if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']) && is_numeric($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'])) {

$qty = preg_replace('/[^0-9]/i', '', $HTTP_POST_VARS['quantity']);

$cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']))+ ($qty == '' || $qty < 1 || $qty > 99 ? '1' : $qty), $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']);

The difference is that if the customer enters something like, "3\" as a quantity, it'll be smart enough to add 3 items to the cart instead of telling the customer that it wasn't added to the shopping cart.

hope it helps! Terra

PS - actually just found it:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1253

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

• 2 weeks later...

Archived