• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Login to Store Admin

pianoman38

Please clarify instructions from p. 11 of the documentation: "after you have logged in to your store admin you will see a box of heading links on the left..."

Where is the "logging in" done from? My catalog page online? I assume this login is for customers to my store. Please advise. Also, where do I get my name and password for the store admin login? Thank you.

if you havent password protected the admin area then you can just go right in. it will be at www.yourstore.com/catalog/admin or www.yourstore.com/admin if you didnt install in a catalog directory---you can password protect the admin area via your hosts cpanel

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

Please clarify instructions from p. 11 of the documentation: "after you have logged in to your store admin you will see a box of heading links on the left..."

Where is the "logging in" done from? My catalog page online? I assume this login is for customers to my store. Please advise. Also, where do I get my name and password for the store admin login? Thank you.

http://yourstoreurl.com/admin this url is the login path for the administration page

You will have to password protect the administration page yourself. With most webhosts this can be done via the control panel.

when going to my "catalog/admin" screen, I only get this message:

"Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /hsphere/local/home/aap12345/inflightsports.com/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19 Unable to connect to database server!"

I have changed no code on any page yet, but I have deleted the install folder per instructions on my store catalog page.

Please advise. Thank you.

when going to my "catalog/admin" screen, I only get this message:

"Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /hsphere/local/home/aap12345/inflightsports.com/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19 Unable to connect to database server!"

I have changed no code on any page yet, but I have deleted the install folder per instructions on my store catalog page.

Please advise. Thank you.

That error means that the datbase info in your admin/includes/configure.php file is incorrect. If you catalog section is working then copy and paste the database info from includes/configure.php

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

compwhizmm90 seems to be correct. "www.mystoreurl.com/admin/" comes up correctly!

But when I use "www.mystoreurl.com/CATALOG/admin", it does NOT work for some reason - even though the admin folder IS actually inside my catalog folder. This doesn't make sense to me. Can someone explain it?

compwhizmm90 seems to be correct. "www.mystoreurl.com/admin/" comes up correctly!

But when I use "www.mystoreurl.com/CATALOG/admin", it does NOT work for some reason - even though the admin folder IS actually inside my catalog folder. This doesn't make sense to me. Can someone explain it?

Sorry, I forgot to say the /catalog part. I have mine installed in the root directory so I am just used to that. When you installed it, what directory did you put it in? If you put it in the root directory (the main folder, not a subfolder) it will be url.com/admin. If you put it in a directory like one called catalog it will be url.com/catalog/admin. What you said above isn't making sense. When you type in url.com do you see the catalog, or do you have to type in url.com/catalog to see the catalog?

Archived