• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Resetting Downloads

IgnisSerpentus

Hi all. Im fairly new to OScommerce, and Ive managd to pretty much figure out most things on my own... so this is my first time posting here. Ive stumbled onto a little problem though I cant seem to figure out on my own... and searching for the answer is like looking for a needle in a haystack lol

My problem is this: I have my store all set up and all the products are downloaded, as it is digital content that I sell. Ive allowed for 3 downloads per order (though Ive upped that since being encountered with this prob) and I had a customer order something. She had problems with her connection, and attempted to download it all 3 times. Now that she has no downloads left and still no proddie, she emailed me and asked me to reset it. Umm... how do I do that though? :blink: LOL Ive looked around in my admin, and I dont see anything thats cut and dry related to resetting them. I suppose I could just send her a link, but Id rather reset by admin, coz its more professional in my mind and would give her access to it at any point, rather than having to email me every time she needs the download.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated!!! Thankies!! :D

Hi all. I suppose I could just send her a link, but Id rather reset by admin, coz its more professional in my mind and would give her access to it at any point, rather than having to email me every time she needs the download.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated!!! Thankies!! :D

Can I ask how you prevent others from downloading your products? You give someone 3 tries, for example, and does that leave the door open to anyone who wants it?

Or is there some other way the OSC knows not to deliver your products to anyone else but the purchaser.

I have some digital products too, and don't want opportunists to try taking advantage of it...

Thanks,

DKM

Doctor Mason, World's #1 "Temporary Webmaster"

Archived