• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Background image?

I am not sure on how to set the background image, but I did notice on your site that your regular images are not showing up.

Did you put the images folder in the proper place and set the path correctly on the configure.php files?

(Your configure.php files are located in /catalog/includes/configure.php and /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php. )

I also vaguely remember that the images folder has to have 777 permissions.

Sorry I can't help much with the backgroung image.

I am not sure on how to set the background image, but I did notice on your site that your regular images are not showing up.

Did you put the images folder in the proper place and set the path correctly on the configure.php files?

(Your configure.php files are located in /catalog/includes/configure.php and /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php. )

I also vaguely remember that the images folder has to have 777 permissions.

Sorry I can't help much with the backgroung image.

Thanks! But there are no images... :-) I've just started with the shop and haven't uploaded any images yet. But I'll surely encounter problems when I will so I'll keep your posted info in mind. Thanks!

Oh, do you know how to change the border? The border that sorrounds the whole page? I don't want that 3d look...

If you're talking about the blue area outside of the shop

it's in your stylesheet.css

BODY {

text-align: center;

background: #ffffff;

color: #000000;

margin: 0px;

But it looks like you've gone around that, maybe placed a tag in the code for each page individually? I'm not sure.

The easy way is to use the css.

If you want an image instead of a solid color (as above), then you can do this

BODY {

background-image: url('images/yourbackgroundpic.gif');

The border for the shop area can be set here

.fixcenter {

width: 778px;

border: none; border-width: 1px;

margin: auto;

margin-top: 20px;

text-align: left;

}

THIS is a good site to read up on CSS

I know I am not being specific but it looks like you are pulling a CSS from http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/style_images/css_3.css. Most likely somewhere in their there is a setting for the 3d border. I am not sure how to change it though.

Sorry

In my stylesheet.css it says:

.fixcenter {

But still the double 3d border around the shop... :-(

I'm using the "center shop" contribution... I think it messes things up because when I chose:

define('CENTER_SHOP_BACKGROUND_OFF','1')

The background image apears!

But still 2 problems...

1. The darn 3d border...

2. When clicking through the shop it "blinks" and you see the background through the main page. Do you understand?

That's what I meant, you must have specified the border elsewhere, you'll need to undo that part...wherever it might be.

I see you got the background figured out.

This part (bold part) is wiping out the other parts of the css - just get rid of the part I made bold below. (you have two body tags)

BODY {

background-image: url('images/bgbild 1.gif');

BODY {

}

In my stylesheet.css it says:

.fixcenter {

But still the double 3d border around the shop... :-(

YES! Stupid stupid me... I'm using frontpage as editor and I thought I searched "All pages" for "border" but apperantly not. I found the "border=4" in the header page that came with center shop contrib. :-)

Thanks! Do you know anything about the "blinking"?

I'm not sure about the "blinking". I do see what you mean...but I'm not sure what to do about it.

Everything else turned out great! :D

YES! Stupid stupid me... I'm using frontpage as editor and I thought I searched "All pages" for "border" but apperantly not. I found the "border=4" in the header page that came with center shop contrib. :-)

Thanks! Do you know anything about the "blinking"?

I'm not sure about the "blinking". I do see what you mean...but I'm not sure what to do about it.

Everything else turned out great! :D

Well, erm, it needs alot of work. :-D But this is my first try (with OSC, PHP and CSS) so it's a looong way to go. At least the ugly border is gone and I've got a background image (wrong one but I've got one). THANKS!

Archived