• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Removing customer account creation

azrith

Hi,

I would like to set up my shop so that customers do not have to register. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Bob

[email protected]

There are a couple of contributions that will allow you to remove the need to register. They do not remove all the fields that need to be filled out but there is at least one that will allow you to modify what fields the customer needs to fill out over what the default osC install does.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Well, I figured out how to remove the requirement for creating accounts. You basically go into all of the checkout*.* and remove this code:

// if the customer is not logged on, redirect them to the login page

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

$navigation->set_snapshot();

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));

}

You will obviously have to remove more code throughout depending on your setup but I managed to get mine working ok. If you need help let me know.

The reason I am doing this is because I am using Paypal as my method of payment. No point in having a customer create an account only to create another account and retype or choose all of the information.

This makes things much quicker and simpler! Maybe the developers could implement an option where if you choose to use Paypal as the payment options accounts are not required to be created. :) Some may say why not just use Paypals shopping features . . .

The reason is too few shipping methods. I needed bulk item discount shipping. I managed to customized the shipping to do this whereas I couldnt do that with Paypal.

Good luck all and thanks for the help.

Archived