• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is anybody using the fax contrib

jewelrytrends

Hi,

I while back I posted the question if anybody used a fax form on their website, I stumbled on to this contrib http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1170/category,all/search,fax, and I was wondering if anybody was using this and what their experience is?

Because it is from 2003 I'm little bit nerveus to install it, but if it is still be used I would like to install it.

thank in advance,

Denice

It may only work on MS1 if it is that old

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I'm using it on a MS2.2 (is that what'sit's called? The latest big release, anyway) and haven't had any problems. My shop isn't live yet, but I've been playing around with it quite extensively and no probs yet.

One problem that people have reported on the forums is that people were not completing their order - they were hitting the 'produce form', printing it off and wandering away from the computer without hitting the 'complete order' button. I've gotten around this by removing the link to 'produce form' from the checkout_confirmation page. Instead, I've put a mini form on the checkout success page (couldn't get the original form to work, so made my own compressed version). If you want the code for the checkout_success page, just let me know...

~bobsi18~

I'm using it on a MS2.2 (is that what'sit's called? The latest big release, anyway) and haven't had any problems. My shop isn't live yet, but I've been playing around with it quite extensively and no probs yet.

One problem that people have reported on the forums is that people were not completing their order - they were hitting the 'produce form', printing it off and wandering away from the computer without hitting the 'complete order' button. I've gotten around this by removing the link to 'produce form' from the checkout_confirmation page. Instead, I've put a mini form on the checkout success page (couldn't get the original form to work, so made my own compressed version). If you want the code for the checkout_success page, just let me know...

~bobsi18~

Thank you bobsi, I will install the contrib, and get back to you on that. I'm glad to hear that it is still being used, because I think it is really usefull

Denice

Archived