The e-commerce.

Testing Payment Method page

skywalker786

Hi

I I want test out the payment information page and had a few question

1. is there a dummy bank account number I could use to make the

a transcation to see if my cart works?

2. I tried using my own visa barclay card and the first 4 numbers are

4539 but the cart does not except these.

3. Is the payment page already configured? do I need to do anything else?

do I need to speak to worldpay and attached there code on this page to make

the payment system work?

4. there are headings Payal, Secpay and no options do these need to be configured?

Here is my site so far any help would be great

One easy way to do a test purchase and see all the checkout pages is to use the checkout payment option of check/money order. You can then see if your test account gets the order confirmation email also.

This way, you can see the checkout_shipping, checkout_payment, etc pages to see if there is any customization you want done to them to suit your needs.

If you are using PayPal, just create a cheap test item in your store. I did this $1.00 item and $1.00 flat rate shipping and had a friend do the $2.00 purchase. They noted that SSL cert was working appropriately, and that they were automaticially redirected back to the site after using PayPal. I then went to their transaction in PayPal and did an immediate refund (you get your paypal fees back also).

I like the idea of a friend testing the cart - so they can give you a fresh pair of eyes and possibly spot something you didnt.

Hope this helped you some. I JUST went through all this these last few days. So, other than filling in some categories with products - I'm ready to open my store! woohoo!

Archived