• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Payment Module stopped working!

gallactor72

Okay, this has me stumped. All of sudden (as June 1st) my payment modules no longer seem to work within my eCommerce store. Here's the interesting thing... I'm running two stores - one for the US and one for Canada, but my Canadian store no longer handles payment properly (the US store is working fine).

When I go to check out in the Canadian store, the 'Payment Information' stage doesn't seem to work properly anymore. I get the "This is currently the only payment method available to use on this order." but nothing underneath it (see the image below):

screencapture001.jpg

I haven't changed any of the details on the Canadian site in weeks and my last successful order was a couple of days ago so I can't see that being the problem. I am using Moneris Solutions eSelect Plus as my payment option so I thought that might be the problem so I changed the payment option to the default osCommerce Credit Card module and it didn't show up either.

I tried re-installing a previous database to see if that would fix the problem and it didn't. I got the same result (ie no option for payment).

I just don't understand why this would work fine for months and then all of sudden go on the fritz. Has anyone else experience something like this? Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what to do? I would greatly appreciated any help.

Cheers,

Tim

Situation Update

Any accounts made prior to June 1st work fine, but any new accounts are encountering the above problem. My hosting service were having problems yesterday (june 1st) so perhaps my database has become corrupted? But if that was the case, shouldn't installing a previous back-up fix this? I tried this and still had the same problem.

I'm lost as to what's going on here.

Cheers,

Tim

Situation Update

Any accounts made prior to June 1st work fine, but any new accounts are encountering the above problem. My hosting service were having problems yesterday (june 1st) so perhaps my database has become corrupted? But if that was the case, shouldn't installing a previous back-up fix this? I tried this and still had the same problem.

I'm lost as to what's going on here.

Cheers,

Tim

Since you have made no changes, you should check with your payment gateway about what has changed.

Since you have made no changes, you should check with your payment gateway about what has changed.

Of course, this assumes that any other option is correctly installed and configured.

Of course, this assumes that any other option is correctly installed and configured.

That's the key right there! I checked my Moneris payment module and found the culprit. I had the Payment Zone set up incorrectly (it had worked fine because we hadn't received orders from the maritimes yet - it's a relatively new store). I had it set up for GST Canada but the maritimes doesn't have GST - it has HST (which is a combination of the GST and provincial sales tax). I set the value to 'none' and everything is working properly now (I hope *grin*).

Sigh, Canadian taxes are a nightmare (both for the consumer & the retailer). :)

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Tim

How do you install this payment module. There are no simple instructions like I find in the 30 other mods I have already installed. Can someone please instruct on how to do this. I'm talking about where the files go, and what is moneriseselectplus.php1 & moneriseselectplus.php2. Do I rename them?

???????

Rod :'(

I like these mods, there fun! ...65 70 72 75 80 85 125+ contributions installed and counting...

Tools I'm using: OSC2.2 milestone2, Filezilla for FTP, PHP Designer 2007PE (nice), Araxis Merge 6.5 to compare files, XP(my box), Remote Server is shared Apache 1.3 Cpanel, CURL, and PHPmyAdmin through my hosts Cpanel to mess up the database.

How do you install this payment module. There are no simple instructions like I find in the 30 other mods I have already installed. Can someone please instruct on how to do this. I'm talking about where the files go, and what is moneriseselectplus.php1 & moneriseselectplus.php2. Do I rename them?

Check the eSelectPlus_OSCommerce_IG.pdf file that should come with the moneris module. It has the instructions in it (pages 3 - 5).

Cheers,

Tim

• 2 weeks later...
Check the eSelectPlus_OSCommerce_IG.pdf file that should come with the moneris module. It has the instructions in it (pages 3 - 5).

Cheers,

Tim

Thanks for the response. I did install the module successfully, but once I spoke to the sales rep I felt like I was going to be hosed. The rates are note even comparable with PayPal. In fact they strongly suggested I disable the PayPal module.

I will not be using this payment gateway. It is owned by Royal Bank and Bank of Montreal, the two banks I find to be the most arrogant. I had even closed my Royal Bank account due to there attitude years ago. So much for Moneris and eSelect Plus.

If someone thinks I'm wrong here, let me know.

I like these mods, there fun! ...65 70 72 75 80 85 125+ contributions installed and counting...

Tools I'm using: OSC2.2 milestone2, Filezilla for FTP, PHP Designer 2007PE (nice), Araxis Merge 6.5 to compare files, XP(my box), Remote Server is shared Apache 1.3 Cpanel, CURL, and PHPmyAdmin through my hosts Cpanel to mess up the database.

• 1 month later...