• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

GBP left currency symbol changes to ?

cheecs

Hi,

My site was workign fine and suddenly the currency symbol for GBP changes to ? I have tried deleting currency and readding but the ? changes to ?

Any ideas..? Your help is much appreciated guys.

Cheers

Your hosting company upgraded MySQL, and it changed from using English - iso - 8859 to using utf 8 -en.

1. Download a backup of your database either via phpMyAdmin or from the Tools --> Backup section of your osCommerce admin panel.

2. Once you've done that go to phpMyAdmin, tick to select all tables in your osCommerce database and then elect to Drop them (you must have a BACKUP or all is lost).

3. Once you've dropped the tables, click on the SQL link at middle top of the page and use the Browse button to locate the backup of your database which you download to your own computer.

4. Once you've done that you'll see a small box below the Browse button which says utf8 - change this to Latin 1, and then click the Go button. Your database will now be imported and the ? sign should reappear.

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!

Vger

Your hosting company upgraded MySQL, and it changed from using English - iso - 8859 to using utf 8 -en.

1. Download a backup of your database either via phpMyAdmin or from the Tools --> Backup section of your osCommerce admin panel.

2. Once you've done that go to phpMyAdmin, tick to select all tables in your osCommerce database and then elect to Drop them (you must have a BACKUP or all is lost).

3. Once you've dropped the tables, click on the SQL link at middle top of the page and use the Browse button to locate the backup of your database which you download to your own computer.

4. Once you've done that you'll see a small box below the Browse button which says utf8 - change this to Latin 1, and then click the Go button. Your database will now be imported and the ? sign should reappear.

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!

Vger

Hi,

First of all thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it.

My hosting company doesn't have phpMyAdmin so I am using EMS SQL Manager 2005 for MYSQL,

I have changed the Client character set from default to Latin 1 western europe ISO 8859-1)

Below is the screen shot. just to see if I am doing it correctly. Also would you please specify if I have

to delete the database and recreate database with characterset set to Latin 1 western europe.......

I really appreciate your help.

P.S. I tried deleting all tables and recreated tables with this characterset and it still shows ? sign instead of ? sign.

Thank you

Also I have checked each tables property, and it says character set = Latin1 and collation = latin1_swedish_ci

It still doesn't display ? sign, and ? is displayed instead.

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks

Archived