• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem with oscommerce emails

mikem

Hello, Im near enough finished with my new oscommerce site but im having trouble with send/receiving emails ive tried tinkering with the settings in admin -> configuration -> emails but to no success

Im running on a windows server on fasthosts and have currently installed the Register Globals patch contribution and wondered if this would cause a problem in the read me the person said that they have tested it and emails will work

Could someone please offer a help to this problem

Hello, Im near enough finished with my new oscommerce site but im having trouble with send/receiving emails ive tried tinkering with the settings in admin -> configuration -> emails but to no success

Im running on a windows server on fasthosts and have currently installed the Register Globals patch contribution and wondered if this would cause a problem in the read me the person said that they have tested it and emails will work

Could someone please offer a help to this problem

are you using AOL if so your problem is you need to edit your email.php to correct it.

The solution is on this forum somewhere. if you cant find it. post here again and ill find it for you.

ok so i lied i do know where it is:

ITS HERE!

i have aol so is that why i havent been receiving confirmation emails

YES! the link i posted above solves this problem.

Due to AOLs infinate wisdom they block email from server scripts.

Luckily there is a solution.

AOL are numnuts!

is it this one that will work?

Find these lines:

if (EMAIL_TRANSPORT == 'smtp') {

return mail($to_addr, $subject, $this->output, 'From: ' . $from . $this->lf . 'To: ' . $to . $this->lf . implode($this->lf, $this->headers) . $this->lf . implode($this->lf, $xtra_headers));

} else {

return mail($to, $subject, $this->output, 'From: '.$from.$this->lf.implode($this->lf, $this->headers).$this->lf.implode($this->lf, $xtra_headers));

Change the last line like so... (adding the part in red)

return mail($to_addr, $subject, $this->output, 'From: ' . $from . $this->lf . 'To: ' . $to . $this->lf . implode($this->lf, $this->headers) . $this->lf . implode($this->lf, $xtra_headers));

} else {

return mail($to, $subject, $this->output, 'From: '.$from.$this->lf.implode($this->lf, $this->headers).$this->lf.implode($this->lf, $xtra_headers), '-f' . $from_addr);

The file to be changed is /includes/classes/email.php. It's found twice, once in catalog and again in admin. This solution is correct.

is it this one that will work?

Find these lines:

} else {

return mail($to, $subject, $this->output, 'From: '.$from.$this->lf.implode($this->lf, $this->headers).$this->lf.implode($this->lf, $xtra_headers));

Change the last line like so... (adding the part in red)

} else {

return mail($to, $subject, $this->output, 'From: '.$from.$this->lf.implode($this->lf, $this->headers).$this->lf.implode($this->lf, $xtra_headers), '-f' . $from_addr);

The file to be changed is /includes/classes/email.php. It's found twice, once in catalog and again in admin. This solution is correct.

i think thats the solution for linux servers there is a solution there for windows.

Archived