• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Checkout Steps

smithveg

Hello buddies, after my store was upload and running.

I recognize some simple problem but no ideas to solve and change it.

in the Checkout step:-

step 1 : Delivery Information

step 2 : Payment Information

step 3 : Order Confirmation

step 4 : Finished

I'm selling the digital products, there are no shipping information are require.

Can i just ignore the first step?

I have try to remove all the shipping module. but without any shipping module. I cannot go throught the step 2, 3, 4.

I wonder to know why the credit card information was not past to 2checkout payment gateway?

Can i also ignore the step 2 in checkout process?

How can i do it? I'm sure i need to configure something in particular .php file. but i don't know how to go.

Can anyone pointing me.

I would be glad and appreciated to your reply.

Thank you :rolleyes:

Hello World! ^.^ I'm a Internet naive. Browse my working profile

Malaysia Web Services - OPerion Website Marketing System

Even if you are selling digital products (downloads) you still need some details from your customers for accounting purposes. These include at least a name and address. I wouldn't skip the payment information either, as this is how you get the money.

Anyway, you can streamline the checkout process a little bit. I installed FastEasyCheckout and modified the shipping/billing bit.

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Feedback and suggestions on my shop welcome.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

Even if you are selling digital products (downloads) you still need some details from your customers for accounting purposes. These include at least a name and address. I wouldn't skip the payment information either, as this is how you get the money.

Anyway, you can streamline the checkout process a little bit. I installed FastEasyCheckout and modified the shipping/billing bit.

abra

Erm... :huh:

ya, i still new the customer's information. As my site is just for download images. Ia that i need to skip the shipping information? Because there are no shipping, it just paid and downloads.

In my viewed, shipping information just make customers confuse and ask 'why do i need the shipping information as this is a images download sites'.

smithveg, blur :blink:

Easiest way would be to rename some stuff:

on checkout_shipping.php rename Shipping Address to Billing Address or Customer Address

on checkout_payment.php leave Billing Address or rename to Customer Address as above as it is the same unless the customer changes it here. You could even disable the link to the address book.

on checkout_confirmation.php you could comment out one of the addresses and rename the other one to be the same title as above

Like this you get all the info without completely modifying the checkout process.

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

Easiest way would be to rename some stuff:

on checkout_shipping.php rename Shipping Address to Billing Address or Customer Address

on checkout_payment.php leave Billing Address or rename to Customer Address as above as it is the same unless the customer changes it here. You could even disable the link to the address book.

on checkout_confirmation.php you could comment out one of the addresses and rename the other one to be the same title as above

Like this you get all the info without completely modifying the checkout process.

abra

Thank you, abra...

I just rename this and that... more easy...

I thing i cannot change in the 'payment confirmation' is

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Sub-Total: USD10.00

(): USD0.00<<-----------------------------------------------

Total: USD10.00

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I found the related code in the /../checkout_confirmation.php are:-

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<?php

if (MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_INSTALLED) {

$order_total_modules->process();

echo $order_total_modules->output();

}

?>

</table>

Can you tell me is there any .php i need to go and remove this second line?

As i know, that is the shipping free... but i don't know which .php file i should go.

Thank for your helps again.

smith

It depends on if you always want to show shipping & handling on your invoices or only if s&h > 0.

I prefer to always show it (like this the customer can see he gets it delivered free). In this case just add some text to say "shipping & handling" or something similar. Should be in the /catalog/includes/languages/yourlanguage/modules/shipping/yourshippingmodule.php

The other option would need some check to display s&h only if it's greater 0.

abra

It depends on if you always want to show shipping & handling on your invoices or only if s&h > 0.

I prefer to always show it (like this the customer can see he gets it delivered free). In this case just add some text to say "shipping & handling" or something similar. Should be in the /catalog/includes/languages/yourlanguage/modules/shipping/yourshippingmodule.php

The other option would need some check to display s&h only if it's greater 0.

abra

Ok, Thank to your advised.

I just mention that is free shipping (US$0.00). :thumbsup:

I still have a couple of problem that i can't solve.

See the print screen below.

screen9se.th.jpg

I the account_history_info.php show the products download name 2 times?

I know that the code is change in includes/modules/downloads.php

But i try many ways. It will display the duplicate row... can i just display the row that have downloads link?

I see a 'while', then change it to 'IF', the result will only display the first row and the second row which have download button was dissappear.

The coding is not long, but it's impossible to past here. Can i send it to you?

Help me again pls, abra.

smith

one more things... i'm doing a demo purchase, it worked well all the way.

And we can download the image after payment successed.

But when i go to admin->customer->order, i'm so curios why all the order statusis set in 'processing'?

huh?

What's going on? but i already can download the products...

abra, help...

BTW if you only have downloads without shipping (ie you don't send them on CD), you could comment out the part where it displays the shipping fee.

Anyway, about the download links problem... no idea here. I have no experience with downloadable products and how they are processed. Maybe someone else knows how you can solve that problem.

Good luck,

abra

BTW if you only have downloads without shipping (ie you don't send them on CD), you could comment out the part where it displays the shipping fee.

Anyway, about the download links problem... no idea here. I have no experience with downloadable products and how they are processed. Maybe someone else knows how you can solve that problem.

Good luck,

abra

Sorry for my stupid question, abra,

What the 'CD' do you means?

Where to comment it out?

thank to your helps.

When you buy software online, you often have the option to get a CD-ROM sent to you in addition to the online download for an additional fee.

I don't have time right now to search for the code you would need to comment out.

abra

Actually, when you never have any shipping and handling, you could just disable these modules in your admin panel -> modules -> shipping.

Like this they will never show up. Not to be selected during the checkout or in the order summary.

abra

Actually, when you never have any shipping and handling, you could just disable these modules in your admin panel -> modules -> shipping.

Like this they will never show up. Not to be selected during the checkout or in the order summary.

abra

Can't if i remove all the shipping, i cannot go to step 2 in checkout process.

Oh, well, then stick to the renaming bit mentioned above. Should to the trick.

You see, I don't have downloads so I wouldn't have tried to "fix" these things and after installing FEC my checkout procedure is completely different from yours. Anyway, got the vanilla osC files on my pc for reference purposes or to check how things looked like before I modified them.

abra

Archived