• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ADMIN DEMO - is ON

jdimaging

This seems like it might be a really dumb question but I cannot figure out how to take oscommerce out of demo mode.

Any help would be apreciated.

Darlene

what version of osc are you using to have it in demo?

Regards

Mark

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

This seems like it might be a really dumb question but I cannot figure out how to take oscommerce out of demo mode.

Any help would be apreciated.

Darlene

Darlene, the demo text you are seeing is just that ... some text in includes/languages/english/index.php file. Change it to your own!

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Darlene, the demo text you are seeing is just that ... some text in includes/languages/english/index.php file. Change it to your own!

Okay I see what you mean, I was just thinking it actually did something different in demo mode and needed to be deactivated. So it really doesn't do anything?

Darlene

No - it's just a warning to people that the site is not fully up and running for business yet. Remove the text, that's all.

Vger

This is the actual text I see in a pink box - ADMIN DEMO - is ON ... some features are disabled - Admin Override ON and some of the features actually say disabled so that what when I wondered if my shop is working properly.

Darlene

If you want someone to try and help, post the url here (with login details on a test account if possible)

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

If you are seeing that text then your website is not running osCommerce - perhaps a variant of it? Variants are not supported on the osCommerce forums.

Vger

If you are seeing that text then your website is not running osCommerce - perhaps a variant of it? Variants are not supported on the osCommerce forums.

Vger

I am running oscommerce with Shoppe Enhancement Controller and I know it has to be changed to take it out of demo mode but I can't find it anywhere.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Darlene

Archived