• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC Specials function on a page/path outside of the default OScommerce directory structure

kylerclarke

Hi All - I'm wanting to display the OSC Specials function on a page/path outside of the default OScommerce directory structure. I currently have my own pages on the root directory with the OSC system under /catalog/ - as I only want to display the specials.php function I obviously have a problem with the paths that are set in the configuration,php file. Can I get a little feedback on the best way to do this without having to alter too many files. I imagine I can add a line or two to the application_top.php file to set a new correct path & I will also need to create a new specials.php file as I only need some of the fields displayed. Perhaps it's best that I leave all of the OSCommerce files alone, & create my own binding of data to the MySql database & display 1 random record from my recordset.

That's propbably best & maybe I've answered my own Qs but all hints welcome - thanx Kyler

There is a contribution called "content outside" or something similar that will give you a good starting point, at the very least.

Search for it in the contributions area, post back here if you have a hard time finding it.

-jared

Archived