• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

COOKIES!!!!AAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!

This is really starting to P*** me off. I dont know who or where to to turn to. I am pretty new at all this and have been reading up on cookies but none of the suggestions seem to address my issue.

My problem:

I have no problem with any part of the "shopping". I can add items to a cart, login, log off, close the browser, on return the items are still there...the problem is when I continue to my payment and finalise the payment (using SECPay), I am directed to the Cookie Usage page, and the items have not been removed from the cart or added to my orders even though the payment has been succesfully accepted....

i have the following set in admin> config>session:

Force Cookie Use False

Check SSL Session ID False

Check User Agent False

Check IP Address False

Prevent Spider Sessions True

Recreate Session False

and i also have SEO Urls installed with: i doubt this has any relevance....

Enable SEO URLs? True

Add cPath to product URLs? false

Add category parent to begining of URLs? true

Filter Short Words 3

Enable SEO cache to save queries? true

Enable product cache? true

Enable categories cache? true

Enable manufacturers cache? true

Enable articles cache? true

Enable topics cache? true

Enable information cache? true

Enable link directory cache? true

Enable automatic redirects? true

Choose URL Rewrite Type Rewrite

Enter special character conversions

Remove all non-alphanumeric characters? false

Reset SEO URLs Cache false

configure.php //with catalog installed in www.mydomain.co.uk/shop/

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.mydomain.co.uk');

define('HTTPS_SERVER', '');

define('ENABLE_SSL', false);

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.mydomain.co.uk');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/shop/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/shop/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '');

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

I am on a shared server and do not have an SSL certificate. Does "mysql" store sessions if no cookies are available?? Do I need my service provider to set this up for me??

ANY ideas will be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

and i also have SEO Urls installed with: i doubt this has any relevance....

I think it does - you are not carrying a session id in the URL, so a cookie is expected :blink:

Matti

I think it does - you are not carrying a session id in the URL, so a cookie is expected :blink:

Matti

I am not sure to which part of my question you responded. :huh: "I think it does" ???

I have not forced cookies. That means that if someone does not accept cookies from my site a session will be created. This is stored on my server???

I have also denied all cookies with my browser and it does create the session ID in the URL. If I enable cookies on my browser, the sessions ID dissappears. This shows cookies are created. RIGHT?

I dont think this has anything to do with my cookies settings. My payment gateway tells me they dont accept cookies anyway and that it is posted via a form. The callback seems to be the issue since whatever the callback GETS from my site does not "match up" and for some reason passes me to the Cookie Usage page.

I have un-installed and re-installed different versions of SecPay and get the same results.

Any further ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks

Archived