• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

default language???

Is there a way to have a frnech and english website, but not with the language selection box, like i have an index.html file with two links that lead to indexfr and indexeng for example, and both sites are only in their respective language.

Yes, put one site in the root of the web, and put the other in a folder - but use the same database for both. Create an index.html page (your landing page) with links to either website.

But this is overkill, because osCommerce sniffs out the default language of the users browser - so someone in France using French as their default browser language would land on the French version of osCommerce and someone in England would land on the English version anyway - without having two separate websites.

Vger

ya sure of that??? ill check it out with someone who got french windows xp, i got english. but i had a french before and i was getting the english site first always....

AND oh, do you know how to make for example a small cell in a html page, but i want the footer text and request counter to appear there. can i call it from another page or another site to go to extreme like???

Archived