• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

currency problems

mwo

Hi all.

When i select what currency i want to work with from my home page (e.g. euro when default is dollars) followed by clicking on any link (e.g. any displayed product), the currency returns to the default. Basically i need to select what currency i require on every page i visit.

What can i do to ensure the currency stays the same on every page?

Thanks, mwo.

Set 'Switch to default language currency' to 'true' in your osCommerce admin panel. Then, when you switch languages the currency should also automatically change.

Vger

Set 'Switch to default language currency' to 'true' in your osCommerce admin panel. Then, when you switch languages the currency should also automatically change.

Vger

Thanks for your quick respones. I have the "switch to default category" selected.

However, dollars and GBP are different currencies under the same language. What happens there?

Thanks, mwo.

There is a connection between currencies and languages, and it was assumed when osCommerce was first built that if your language was english then your currency was US Dollars :D

The best was to resolve this is to copy the english.php file and rename it english_us.php and copy and rename the english folder to english_us. In english_us.php set the language to 'USD' and then install it as a new language.

Vger

There is a connection between currencies and languages, and it was assumed when osCommerce was first built that if your language was english then your currency was US Dollars :D

The best was to resolve this is to copy the english.php file and rename it english_us.php and copy and rename the english folder to english_us. In english_us.php set the language to 'USD' and then install it as a new language.

Vger

Ok. Thats what i will do.

Thanks again for your prompt help.

mwo.

Archived