• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

pynchon

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help me here.

The checkout process has gone haywire. I can add products to basket and navigate around ok, but when I try to go through the checkout process it goes a bit mental ... click checkout it goes to login page ... login and it says basket is empty ... login again and basket is full again ... click checkout and it logs you off ... login again and it lets you through the checkout process ... but sometimes it returns you to the previous point in the checkout process.

help

site can be found at www.hoppahaus.co.uk/catalog .. only jewellery and glass have products in so far

I would be indebted to anyone who can help

thanks

With much repetition and backtracking, I was able to complete a couple of orders...but you're right it's chaotic :'(

Do you not have SSL? I wondered if that was intentional and/or (more than likely) part of the problem.

What do you have in catalog/includes/configure.php for cookie domains and path settings? It's all in the first 10 lines of that file.

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help me here.

The checkout process has gone haywire. I can add products to basket and navigate around ok, but when I try to go through the checkout process it goes a bit mental ... click checkout it goes to login page ... login and it says basket is empty ... login again and basket is full again ... click checkout and it logs you off ... login again and it lets you through the checkout process ... but sometimes it returns you to the previous point in the checkout process.

help

site can be found at www.hoppahaus.co.uk/catalog .. only jewellery and glass have products in so far

I would be indebted to anyone who can help

thanks

Thanks choosealogin ... no we don't have SSL as we will be using a third party payment provider .. we may in time go with our own SSL if/when we get a merchants account. The site won't be going live for a while, and certainly not until the checkout issues are resolved

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.hoppahaus.co.uk');

define('HTTPS_SERVER', '');

define('ENABLE_SSL', false);

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.hoppahaus.co.uk');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

many thanks

pynch

With much repetition and backtracking, I was able to complete a couple of orders...but you're right it's chaotic :'(

Do you not have SSL? I wondered if that was intentional and/or (more than likely) part of the problem.

What do you have in catalog/includes/configure.php for cookie domains and path settings? It's all in the first 10 lines of that file.

I could be wrong, but try getting rid of the leading dot in the line I made bold

so make it

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'hoppahaus.co.uk');

Thanks choosealogin ... no we don't have SSL as we will be using a third party payment provider .. we may in time go with our own SSL if/when we get a merchants account. The site won't be going live for a while, and certainly not until the checkout issues are resolved

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.hoppahaus.co.uk');

define('HTTPS_SERVER', '');

define('ENABLE_SSL', false);

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.hoppahaus.co.uk');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

many thanks

pynch

cheers choosealogin ... I'll try it just now and post a result

I could be wrong, but try getting rid of the leading dot in the line I made bold

so make it

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'hoppahaus.co.uk');

:( nope .. that didn't work unfortunately

do you think its likely to be a cookie issue or one that may arise from the way I've built the pages.

I've also just noticed that the current viewed category is missing from the breadcrumb trail.

If I had hair I'd be pulling it out.

cheers

pynch

cheers choosealogin ... I'll try it just now and post a result

I'm not sure...but there is some cookie problem, because I disabled cookies in my browser and didn't get session ids in the urls, except for a brief second when it tried to go to checkout one time.

What are your true/false settings in 'sessions' (admin>configuration>sessions)?

:( nope .. that didn't work unfortunately

do you think its likely to be a cookie issue or one that may arise from the way I've built the pages.

I've also just noticed that the current viewed category is missing from the breadcrumb trail.

If I had hair I'd be pulling it out.

cheers

pynch

choosealogin: all settings are set to false ... I just left them as they were after installation.

cheers :)

I'm not sure...but there is some cookie problem, because I disabled cookies in my browser and didn't get session ids in the urls, except for a brief second when it tried to go to checkout one time.

What are your true/false settings in 'sessions' (admin>configuration>sessions)?

You brought up a good point about the breadcrumb.

If I shop from http://www.hoppahaus.co.uk/catalog/products_new.php then adding to the cart and checking out doesn't go perfectly, but it does work much better. When I went that way I got session ids (w/cookies disabled on my end) and the breadcrumb looked right, and I was almost able to checkout smoothly...but it kept me hung up on checkout_payment.php for a few refreshes when I hit 'confirm'.

Something is breaking the session, or more than a few things.

I also noticed that the cart quantity doesn't update when I try to add more on shopping_cart.php ...it does sometimes but not always.

I think this is over my head :'( :'(

Is there some better help for pynchon here? :blink: :blink:

choosealogin: all settings are set to false ... I just left them as they were after installation.

cheers :)

I'm sorry I thought this might be simple...but no :huh:

I would suggest posting back with a list of the major mods you did...and a solicitation for more help :blush:

You brought up a good point about the breadcrumb.

If I shop from http://www.hoppahaus.co.uk/catalog/products_new.php then adding to the cart and checking out doesn't go perfectly, but it does work much better. When I went that way I got session ids (w/cookies disabled on my end) and the breadcrumb looked right, and I was almost able to checkout smoothly...but it kept me hung up on checkout_payment.php for a few refreshes when I hit 'confirm'.

Something is breaking the session, or more than a few things.

I also noticed that the cart quantity doesn't update when I try to add more on shopping_cart.php ...it does sometimes but not always.

I think this is over my head :'( :'(

Is there some better help for pynchon here? :blink: :blink:

cheers choosa : thanks for your assistance ... hopefully some resolution can be found without me having to reinstall the whole shebang ... I'm hoping thats its not a database issue ... but it is more likely something I've done to the code when copying the various snippets into my template.

I'm tempted to rebuild the pages again ... but thats a time consuming onerous task that I had hoped I would only have to do once.

thanks again for your time and help

pynch

I'm sorry I thought this might be simple...but no :huh:

I would suggest posting back with a list of the major mods you did...and a solicitation for more help :blush:

hi choosa

I seem to have sorted the issue .... hopefully

this line appears in the configure.php file

define('STORE_SESSIONS', ''); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

I set the handler to 'mysql' and it seems to have fixed the problem ...

many many thanks for your help on this .. it was greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

pynch

cheers choosa : thanks for your assistance ... hopefully some resolution can be found without me having to reinstall the whole shebang ... I'm hoping thats its not a database issue ... but it is more likely something I've done to the code when copying the various snippets into my template.

I'm tempted to rebuild the pages again ... but thats a time consuming onerous task that I had hoped I would only have to do once.

thanks again for your time and help

pynch

Archived