• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Switch to Default Language Currency

MrData

<-- moved from Installation and configuration -->

Dear all,

Although nearly 90% of our customers are Dutch and there really was no urgency to add another language, the fact that many of our suppliers are from abroad, I've decided to add the English (former default) after all.

After having added a number of items to our catalogue with the English translations for the item descriptions, I found that, although the item is published correctly, the prices appear as '0' in the non-standard language.

In my Admin/Configuration I had the option 'Switch to Default Language Currency' set to 'true', which makes the Dutch (Euro) price come up, but the English price 0, but if I set this option to 'false' BOTH languages show a price of 0.

This way we won't be making any money

I have 2 languages: Dutch (default) and English

I have 1 currency: Euro (default)

I've check 'Countries' to find whether osC 'knows' which currency belongs to which country, but to no avail.

Could someone hint me in the right direction, the search facility offered no help ( ... am I the only one who thinks the 'search forums' is less than adequate ...).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Gerard.

If Euro is set as your shop's default currency (in admin>localization>currencies) and your 'switch to default language currency' was false, then it should have worked...but if not,

I think if you go into catalog/includes/languages/english.php look for

define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'USD');

and change it to

define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'EUR');

or whichever is the proper abbreviation for Euro :)

I think that will work.

PS check that localization>currency thing first, though...I kind of suspect that it's set to something else other than Euro or USD.

<-- moved from Installation and configuration -->

Dear all,

Although nearly 90% of our customers are Dutch and there really was no urgency to add another language, the fact that many of our suppliers are from abroad, I've decided to add the English (former default) after all.

After having added a number of items to our catalogue with the English translations for the item descriptions, I found that, although the item is published correctly, the prices appear as '0' in the non-standard language.

In my Admin/Configuration I had the option 'Switch to Default Language Currency' set to 'true', which makes the Dutch (Euro) price come up, but the English price 0, but if I set this option to 'false' BOTH languages show a price of 0.

This way we won't be making any money

I have 2 languages: Dutch (default) and English

I have 1 currency: Euro (default)

I've check 'Countries' to find whether osC 'knows' which currency belongs to which country, but to no avail.

Could someone hint me in the right direction, the search facility offered no help ( ... am I the only one who thinks the 'search forums' is less than adequate ...).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Gerard.

Archived