• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

customize oscommerce for retailers

cleli1

Im a newie here and have been testing oscommerce for a store I would like to put up. Could someone give some advice - I have a few questions:

Is it possible to send credit card details (number) in a very secure system and sent without having a credit institute or bank involved ? I take it being a very big risk !

Im thinking of making it a store just for retailers (to protect competition having a look at new products) with a login and password on the default or index page perhaps take the login or create account page to enter the site . Once the retailer has registered he will then be given a password (approved as a registered retailer or established client) to enter the site and shop as normal. Is this possible ?

I appreciate it if you could answer the questions.

Ben <_<

Im a newie here and have been testing oscommerce for a store I would like to put up. Could someone give some advice - I have a few questions:

Is it possible to send credit card details (number) in a very secure system and sent without having a credit institute or bank involved ? I take it being a very big risk !

Im thinking of making it a store just for retailers (to protect competition having a look at new products) with a login and password on the default or index page perhaps take the login or create account page to enter the site . Once the retailer has registered he will then be given a password (approved as a registered retailer or established client) to enter the site and shop as normal. Is this possible ?

I appreciate it if you could answer the questions.

Ben <_<

Hello bilgolaclothing,

I'm thinking that the natural OSCommerce setting, to have the middle credit card digits removed from the transferring to server process, and eMailed, coupled with using SSL encryption - is about as safe of a way as there is out there.

There is probably several ways you could go about having what you refer to in your second question. Here is a link to a contribution that might do as you want just by itself.

I'm also thinking that there's really not too much you can't do with OSCommerce and a little imagination coupled with a slice or two of perseverance!

Hope this is a little helpful.

G'Luck,

TC

Hi TC,

Thanks for getting back, I hope you dont mind if I pick your brain again. To your first answer it really means picking up the 2 card digits on the email and server and making the inhouse transaction ! Correct ?

Hello bilgolaclothing,

I'm thinking that the natural OSCommerce setting, to have the middle credit card digits removed from the transferring to server process, and eMailed, coupled with using SSL encryption - is about as safe of a way as there is out there.

There is probably several ways you could go about having what you refer to in your second question. Here is a link to a contribution that might do as you want just by itself.

I'm also thinking that there's really not too much you can't do with OSCommerce and a little imagination coupled with a slice or two of perseverance!

Hope this is a little helpful.

G'Luck,

TC

Hello bilgolaclothing,

Yes, the credit card's first 4 and last 4 digits are sent to, and stored on your server - and the middle 8 digits are sent to you via eMail.

You would then process the numbers in whatever way you have arranged to.

TC

Hello TC

Thanks for filling me in. Your help is much appreciated.

I guess the next step would be getting a certified SSL with my server. Question: Does the server do this automatically once I have paid for it and do I need to configure this or install this myself if so and how ?

Thanks again

Ben

Hello TC

I guess the next step would be getting a certified SSL with my server. Question: Does the server do this automatically once I have paid for it and do I need to configure this or install this myself if so and how ?

Thanks again

Ben <_<

Hello TC

Thanks again

Ben <_<

Hello TC

Thanks again

Ben <_<

Hello TC

Thanks again

Ben <_<

Archived