• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

information links in footer, how to do it

shayrgob

I'm trying to avoid boxes as much as possible so I would like to put my info links in the footer. I tried taking this:

<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIPPING) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_SHIPPING . '</a>

and putting it in the footer but that didn't work out too well. any ideas?

thanks

PS- I want the links to be right under the date and page requests. So it would be like this:

date page requests

Shipping & Returns Privacy Notice Contact Us

Hello shayrgob,

You can install this row with table just as it is, and I think by looking at it you will have a better idea of what you needed to do, and can customize it.

In includes/footer.php - find the following code (lines 16 thru 19 on a vanilla file):

<tr class="footer">
<td class="footer">??<?php echo strftime(DATE_FORMAT_LONG); ?>??</td>
<td align="right" class="footer">??<?php echo $counter_now . ' ' . FOOTER_TEXT_REQUESTS_SINCE . ' ' . $counter_startdate_formatted; ?>??</td>
 </tr>

Directly below the above code, paste the following code:

<tr>
<td align="center" colspan="2">
<table border="0" width="50%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr>
<td align="center">
<?php echo '<a class="boxText" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIPPING) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_SHIPPING . '</a>'; ?>
</td>
<td align="center">
<?php echo '<a class="boxText" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRIVACY) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY . '</a>'; ?>
</td>
<td align="center">
<?php echo '<a class="boxText" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a>'; ?>
</td>
 </tr>
</table>
</td>
 </tr>

Hope this helped.

G'Luck

TC

Archived