• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Been away from PHP and OSC for a long time...now I need help

-Spazmatic-

Alright. I was getting the hang of PHP a while back (decemberish) but I've fallen through on my website since now. We need to get it finished, so I started to work on it today....but when I sat down to start I realized I'd forgotten pretty much everything I'd learned.

I'm starting over, it seems....I have two questions to get me rolling.

First, I'd like to make a page exactly like my index page, as shown here (I know I still have snowflakes...gotta get rid of those now don't I? :rolleyes: ). Thing is, I'd like to take out the New Products box, and pretty much the rest of that to make a new page with my own content. How would I go about doing this? I want to make a new page, of course, because I'd like to keep my index the way it is :)

Secondly, how do I find out what I need to edit to get my snowflakes off? I've forgotten where I put them!!!

Since I can't edit my post for some reason....

I see that my conditions page would be perfect. If I could figure out how to change the title (where it says Conditions Of Use), change the filename (to something like frametemplates.php) and to change the thing that says "Put here your Conditions of Use information." to whatever I need it to be.

I would like to keep the continue button there, but the rest I need changed. Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?

Install the Simple Template System and make your own html template - or buy in a commercial template or surf for a free one.

Vger

Yes, you can edit it yourself but it is not an easy answer to post in one reply. You will need to search the forum for various ways to do it or ask specific questions. You may want to start with this thread.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

All of the text is in the languages directory. For the index page, it is in languages/english/index.php, and so on.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...
All of the text is in the languages directory. For the index page, it is in languages/english/index.php, and so on.

Jack

Thank you Jack, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Archived