• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customer NOT Recieveing Confirmation Email

m_rodgers

I know this question has been asked a hundred times on here... but...

The customer is not recieving ANY confiramtion emails. (Not when an account is created, and not when an order has been placed.)

The administrator is reciving the emails via the 'send etra email' option... but not the customer.

HOW CAN I FIX THIS? ;)

Someone please help me!

I found this information on another page. It was referenced as if to be my solution, but after making these changes...my problems have still not fixed. The administrator is still receiving the emails but the customer is not.

What else should I try?

Find these lines:

if (EMAIL_TRANSPORT == 'smtp') {

return mail($to_addr, $subject, $this->output, 'From: ' . $from . $this->lf . 'To: ' . $to . $this->lf . implode($this->lf, $this->headers) . $this->lf . implode($this->lf, $xtra_headers));

} else {

return mail($to, $subject, $this->output, 'From: '.$from.$this->lf.implode($this->lf, $this->headers).$this->lf.implode($this->lf, $xtra_headers));

Change the last line like so... (adding the part in red)

if (EMAIL_TRANSPORT == 'smtp') {

return mail($to_addr, $subject, $this->output, 'From: ' . $from . $this->lf . 'To: ' . $to . $this->lf . implode($this->lf, $this->headers) . $this->lf . implode($this->lf, $xtra_headers));

} else {

return mail($to, $subject, $this->output, 'From: '.$from.$this->lf.implode($this->lf, $this->headers).$this->lf.implode($this->lf, $xtra_headers), '-f' . $from_addr);

The file to be changed is /includes/classes/email.php. It's found twice, once in catalog and again in admin. This solution is correct.

This is just a guess but maybe your server's firewall is not configured to allow outgoing mails. Thus you can get your own email but can't send email to anyone else?

Just a guess

This is just a guess but maybe your server's firewall is not configured to allow outgoing mails. Thus you can get your own email but can't send email to anyone else?

Just a guess

This is right for me!! I have just done a test email and got it bounced back as undeliverable!!

So thanks for suggesting this

:)

Archived