• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Googlebot not getting the message

modulate

I have been getting hit every few hours for the past few days by our little Googlebot friend, while I welcome the little bot and not complaining he's visiting me, I am getting csid's attached to his stay??

Not happy with that, so I went and stopped various things in spiders.txt and put the file in various places on the site Catalog root, etc and put in this contribution tonight http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,952

Which is meant to be a good add on for this?

Just checked admin, and he's back..

00:06:16 0 Guest 66.249.72.199 00:01:43 00:01:43 /catalog/product_info.php?cPath=44&products_id=183&osCsid=9ec858440b8155bec5aefe2968796ed1

Why is this still being attached to the crawl, what else can i do?

Any help would be grateful.

I still have the bot problem even though sid killer installed, and its still attaching csid?

Ive been looking at Ultimate SEO URL cont.?

Has anyone been using this, Ive read it can change product names, which i don't want, but maybe this would be the answer to bot prob by installing this?

Be grateful for help.

Do you have "prevent spider sessions" set to true in your admin?

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Yea, it was on false, so switched it to true, and still getting csids attached. Put sid killer in, and still no?

What if i install ultimate seo url, would it make a difference?

Archived