• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

problem installing paypal on oscommerce 2.2

pronane

hey there boys and girls!

I am fairly new to Oscommerce but i have played about and changed a bit of stuff.

anyhow at the moment i havent set up any credit card payment process.

i just want to use paypal. now i havent installed the paypal IPN notification yet as i just

want to install the basi one first to get it up and running.

my problem is when i go to the admin console, click on paypal, click the install button,

nothing happens, all it does is clicks it but nothing happens. secondly if i double click on

the arrow beside the paypal writing it actually comes up with paypal edit details. if i update these and

save and go test to see if it is working in the catalog, login add a few things to the basket, and go to the checkout. when i get to the payment page, it doesnt see paypl as an option to pay, so i click continue to the final page it then just directs me to the paypal site, but thats all.

it doesnt know how much needs to be paid or anything. all it does is brings the user to the paypal main page.

if you log into paypal, it doesnt have any payment or anything.

Does this make sense? It appears that if you try to install it it doesnt work, but if you double click on the arrow it automatically installs ( or half installs cos it doesnt work correctly )

any help greatly appreciated!!!

Edited by pronane

hey there boys and girls!

I am fairly new to Oscommerce but i have played about and changed a bit of stuff.

anyhow at the moment i havent set up any credit card payment process.

i just want to use paypal. now i havent installed the paypal IPN notification yet as i just

want to install the basi one first to get it up and running.

my problem is when i go to the admin console, click on paypal, click the install button,

nothing happens, all it does is clicks it but nothing happens. secondly if i double click on

the arrow beside the paypal writing it actually comes up with paypal edit details. if i update these and

save and go test to see if it is working in the catalog, login add a few things to the basket, and go to the checkout. when i get to the payment page, it doesnt see paypl as an option to pay, so i click continue to the final page it then just directs me to the paypal site, but thats all.

it doesnt know how much needs to be paid or anything. all it does is brings the user to the paypal main page.

if you log into paypal, it doesnt have any payment or anything.

Does this make sense? It appears that if you try to install it it doesnt work, but if you double click on the arrow it automatically installs ( or half installs cos it doesnt work correctly )

any help greatly appreciated!!!

It should install when you click install.

You say that you have played about and changed a bit of stuff. Is any of that related to payments?

You could get fresh copies of the paypal files, load them to your site, click uninstall and then install and see if that fixes it.

It should install when you click install.

You say that you have played about and changed a bit of stuff. Is any of that related to payments?

You could get fresh copies of the paypal files, load them to your site, click uninstall and then install and see if that fixes it.

no i didnt actually change any of the files, just the stylesheets.

i have now installed Paypal_shopping_cart_IPN_v3.0, but this is still happening, on the payment information page i am getting this text:

"Payment Method

This is currently the only payment method available to use on this order."

Then no payment option appears underneath, however you can still go to the confirm order page, and in there you can see that paypal has been selected, even though i never got the chance to select it. then if you click on the edit button underneath the payment option, it brings you back to the payment information page, and if you try to select continue it wont let you and this error appears at the top of the screen:

"Please select a payment method for your order."

NOw this is where the real problem arises, because as i say there is no bloody paypal option on screen to select.

Just to add its the checkout_payment.php page that I am on about.

Thanks again

Edited by pronane