• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New to osCommerce, how to set-up payment

garbob

I am setting up a store for a client, I have the hosting plan, osCommerce is in place and I am in the process of configuring the store. I assume I need to have my client set up a merchant account which will then tie somehow to the store.

Questions:

How and where within the admin section do I make the connection between the merchant account and the payment process?

Any suggestions/recommendations on where to acquire a merchant account?

Have I done this backwards and am I still OK?

Thanks in advance for any info...

Garbob

Your client needs to get a merchant id from their bank. They need to make sure that it is for internet usage - because banks often have different merchant id setups depending on how you want to use it.

Then sign up with a third party processor like Protx or Authorize Net and install their osCommerce module in your store (Contributions section). With Protx and Authorize Net the customer stays on the website and only the data gets passed back and fore behind the scenes. Every day there will be a batch settlement and payments made to your account will be electronically forwarded to your bank account by your third party processor.

You'll need ssl to connect to either of these two companies.

The cheap alternative is to sign up for an account with Pay Pal, the customer goes off your site to the Pay Pal site to make the payment.

Vger

I am setting up a store for a client, I have the hosting plan, osCommerce is in place and I am in the process of configuring the store. I assume I need to have my client set up a merchant account which will then tie somehow to the store.

Questions:

How and where within the admin section do I make the connection between the merchant account and the payment process?

Any suggestions/recommendations on where to acquire a merchant account?

Have I done this backwards and am I still OK?

Thanks in advance for any info...

Garbob

some of my clients run there payments with paypal if you set up an account with them your account is linked to your e-mail address once you have done this you have to put your settings in to the payment module in the admin area. To do this go to modules payment click on paypal enter your e-mail address

select your currancy or leave it default press update and thats it.

Thanks Vger,

I see a payments module for Authorize.net on the admin site. I do not see Protx but I assume it can be added (easily?). I guess I need to set-up an account with Authorize.net (or whoever) after obtaining the merchant account. Then I guess the set-up process becomes understandable. (?)

Is Authorize.net the same kind of company as 2CheckOut/PSIGate/SECPay - just who you decide to go with?

Thanks again for all your help in working me through this.

Garbob

Your client needs to get a merchant id from their bank. They need to make sure that it is for internet usage - because banks often have different merchant id setups depending on how you want to use it.

Then sign up with a third party processor like Protx or Authorize Net and install their osCommerce module in your store (Contributions section). With Protx and Authorize Net the customer stays on the website and only the data gets passed back and fore behind the scenes. Every day there will be a batch settlement and payments made to your account will be electronically forwarded to your bank account by your third party processor.

You'll need ssl to connect to either of these two companies.

The cheap alternative is to sign up for an account with Pay Pal, the customer goes off your site to the Pay Pal site to make the payment.

Vger

I have Authorize.net all set up, I have the osCommerce cart all set up. Is it really as easy as entering the LoginId and Transaction Key?

What is the Transaction Key and would it be something I already have in my Authorize.net paperwork or is it something extra I need to get from Authorize.net? :unsure: :unsure:

I have Authorize.net all set up, I have the osCommerce cart all set up. Is it really as easy as entering the LoginId and Transaction Key?

What is the Transaction Key and would it be something I already have in my Authorize.net paperwork or is it something extra I need to get from Authorize.net? :unsure: :unsure:

I am also new to authorize.net but you can login to your authorize.net account click on account link then settings link and then api login and transaction key link. Here you will be able to setup transaction key.

Archived