• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

is it possible to....

willwatson

anybody? please help...

my immediate guess, would be to make the checkbox (Search In Product Descriptions) as a hidden field and make this selected as default

my immediate guess, would be to make the checkbox (Search In Product Descriptions) as a hidden field and make this selected as default

thats a great idea! now if you could tell me how to do it please? many thanks...

welll, one way to do it is to in the search box, replace:

tep_draw_input_field('keywords', '', 'size="10" maxlength="30" style="width: ' . (BOX_WIDTH-30) . 'px; border: 1px #ff48e3 solid; background: #ffb5da"') . ' ' . tep_hide_session_id()

with:

tep_draw_input_field('keywords', '', 'size="10" maxlength="30" style="width: ' . (BOX_WIDTH-30) . 'px; border: 1px #ff48e3 solid; background: #ffb5da"') . ' ' . tep_draw_checkbox_fieldadvanced('search_in_description', '1') . '' . tep_hide_session_id()

you will have to look through these codes because I have added my own style to the input keyword field. Essentially, I have added tep_draw_checkbox_fieldadvanced('search_in_description', '1') to the string.

Now, you have to go into html_output.php and define a new function tep_draw_checkbox_fieldadvanced. so, find:

function tep_draw_selection_field($name, $type, $value = '', $checked = false, $parameters = '') {
$selection = '<input type="' . tep_output_string($type) . '" name="' . tep_output_string($name) . '"';

if (tep_not_null($value)) $selection .= ' value="' . tep_output_string($value) . '"';

if ( ($checked == true) || ( isset($GLOBALS[$name]) && is_string($GLOBALS[$name]) && ( ($GLOBALS[$name] == 'on') || (isset($value) && (stripslashes($GLOBALS[$name]) == $value)) ) ) ) {
  $selection .= ' CHECKED';
}

if (tep_not_null($parameters)) $selection .= ' ' . $parameters;

$selection .= ' class="radio">';

return $selection;
 }

////
// Output a form checkbox field
 function tep_draw_checkbox_field($name, $value = '', $checked = false, $parameters = '') {
return tep_draw_selection_field($name, 'checkbox', $value, $checked, $parameters);
 }

and directly under this, add:

function tep_draw_selection_fieldadvanced($name, $type, $value = '', $checked = false, $parameters = '') {
$selection = '<input type="hidden" name="' . tep_output_string($name) . '"';

if (tep_not_null($value)) $selection .= ' value="' . tep_output_string($value) . '"';

if ( ($checked == true) || ( isset($GLOBALS[$name]) && is_string($GLOBALS[$name]) && ( ($GLOBALS[$name] == 'on') || (isset($value) && (stripslashes($GLOBALS[$name]) == $value)) ) ) ) {
  $selection .= ' CHECKED';
}

if (tep_not_null($parameters)) $selection .= ' ' . $parameters;

$selection .= ' class="radio">';

return $selection;
 }

function tep_draw_checkbox_fieldadvanced($name, $value = '', $checked = false, $parameters = '') {
return tep_draw_selection_fieldadvanced($name, 'checkbox', $value, $checked, $parameters);
 }

This just makes the checkbox hidden.

Now, you would also want to edit the advanced_search.php file. So, find:

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'right', 'text' => tep_draw_checkbox_field('search_in_description', '1') . ' ' . TEXT_SEARCH_IN_DESCRIPTION);

and replace it with this:

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'right', 'text' => tep_draw_checkbox_fieldadvanced('search_in_description', '1') . ' ' . TEXT_SEARCH_IN_DESCRIPTION);

and away you go :D

Luke

ScandiTan Sweden

Where do i find the search box? im fairly new to osc...

in the catalog/includes/boxes directory

If you find string like:

<?php require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'search.php'); ?>

then you know it refers to a file in the includes/boxes directory

if you find a string like:

<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'sweden_flag.gif'); ?>

then you know it refers to a file in the /images directory

these are just examples. Its very important that if you want to make such changes as you obviously do, then you got to know the structure of oscommerce.

:'(

Archived