• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header tags with new install

Hiya

I have put this post in the contribution support but had no response. 'Scuse me for posting it twice.

I installed the header tags contribution over an existing installtion of OsCommerce and had a couple of problems. So, I decided to do a complete new installation and then installed the header tags contribution again.

I am still getting the same problem of the product price not showing up in the shopping cart.

I am entering a price of ?16.99 but when I go back in to check admin the price is showing up as ?16.9900

Is this a problem with the OsCommerce installation or with the header tag contribution and does anyone know how to fix it?

Please can someone help me?

Beg! :-"

Annie

I see what you're talking about now: the price of the product in admin. It is actually correct behaviour: it needs to store 1 or 2 extra decimal places to get the correct rounding off after % tax, % discount, additions for total etc. So it is STORED in 4 decimals, however, the price catalogue site is SHOWN with 2 decimals - or whatever number you have set it in admin. Nothing to worry about.

Good luck!

That's normal behaviour too.. :)

Try this: in catalog/includes/languages/english.php

line ~38, change

define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'USD');

to

define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'GBP');

Please, make backups first!

I'm assuming here that this problem is non-HTC related. Have you still got a fresh unmodified version of osC, maybe local, where you can default to GBP, change locality of your store, currency settings, taxes etc and then check for correct pricing w/ & w/o tax catalogue side?

Maybe you have already done so and know for sure that it is HTC related, in that case I'm afraid I would not know how to progress, except for checking over and over again for the made changes...

Hiya

erm, no lol I am not putting the currency symbol in - hopefully I ain't that green.

Ok - I'm going to go back and do another completely fresh install and check at each stage that everything is working - hopefully by a process of elimination I can discover whats causing the problem

Watch this space.

Annie

Hiya

I think I've found the problem......

In the catalogue install instructions it says .....

NOTE: In any page in which you make the change to the title for Header Tags, you should also locate the line containing HEADING_TITLE, remove the pageHeading class and add the h1 tags as above.

Believe it or not I simply hadn't seen this previously !

I've found the line ....

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_products_new.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

But, does it mean replace just the top line or both lines with ....

<td valign="top"><h1><?php echo $products_name; ?></h1></td>

<td align="right" valign="top"><h1><?php echo $products_price; ?></h1></td>

Any help appreciated.

Annie

just the top line should do, if that's what's really required [edit] - I don't have the install instructions in front of me, but some search engines have a higher 'affinity' for h1 class than any other class, so that would make sense.

• 1 month later...

Archived