• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Discount Coupon Codes

renix

Installed Discount Coupon Codes (contributions,4269). The module appeared in Modules/Order Total with an install button. After install, though, Discount Coupon does not appear in the Modules section so I can't Add a Coupon and do any testing. Anyone encounter a similar problem?

Thanks,

Mike

Installed Discount Coupon Codes (contributions,4269). The module appeared in Modules/Order Total with an install button. After install, though, Discount Coupon does not appear in the Modules section so I can't Add a Coupon and do any testing. Anyone encounter a similar problem?

Thanks,

Mike

Received a message from Kirsten. The Discount Coupon module appears under Admin/Catalog - not in Admin/Modules. Now if I can just get a coupon created...

Hi renix :)

thanks for that, i was in the same situation as you too

this module doesnt quite work the way i expected. i entered a value of .92, intending the discounted price to be 92% of the original price, but it discounted the price by 92%!

aside from that tho, all seems to be working fine.

a really nice contrib, simple to setup, foolproof to use :)

andy

Hi renix :)

thanks for that, i was in the same situation as you too

this module doesnt quite work the way i expected. i entered a value of .92, intending the discounted price to be 92% of the original price, but it discounted the price by 92%!

aside from that tho, all seems to be working fine.

a really nice contrib, simple to setup, foolproof to use :)

andy

Andy: I'm still having problems with this contribution. When I enter a new coupon, it just shows up with () as the coupon name and with the discount as 0. I went into the database table and entered a coupon manually, and it then shows up correctly, but the coupon doesn't show up in checkout.

Can you tell me what sort order you have used and what your settings are for discount coupons in the Order Total module?

Thanks,

Renix

Hi,

I have just installed this contrib, All seemed quite easy (as it does) until it came to entering a discount code.

In admin\catalog in the admin section of website (were I believe I enter the discount codes)

All I get is the following

Discount Coupons

Coupon Code: Discount: Start: End: Max Use: Min Order:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

select * from discount_coupons cd order by cd.date_end, date_start limit -20, 20

[TEP STOP]

Also when I go through the checkout process when I get to the part where a discount code can be entered its box is titled - ENTRY_DISCOUNT_COUPON

Which file would I need to edit to enable me to change that to read differently?

Regards

Shaun

Installed Discount Coupon Codes. All is well, except when I configure the coupon in the admin panel to be used only once, the coupon can still be applied continuously over and over again. Dont' know, might be a problem in database configuration.

I am guessing it is something to do with the sql code

CREATE TABLE discount_coupons (
 coupons_id varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',
 coupons_description varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',
 coupons_discount_percent decimal(7,4) default NULL,
 date_start datetime default NULL,
 date_end datetime default NULL,
 max_use int(3) NOT NULL default 0,
 min_order decimal(15,4) NOT NULL default '0.0000',
 PRIMARY KEY  (coupons_id) 
);

Doesnt seem to work when I try to run it, How it creates the table and everything, seems strange as when I run the other sql code I get a summary, but on the above when I get a page cannot be found?

Does anybody have a clue please?

Edited by Get-Wireless 2

I get a similar error message but while running the following query in PHPMySQL:

CREATE TABLE discount_coupons (

coupons_id varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',

coupons_description varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',

coupons_discount_percent decimal(7,4) default NULL,

date_start datetime default NULL,

date_end datetime default NULL,

max_use int(3) NOT NULL default 0,

Error message while trying to create this field: (min_order decimal(15,4) NOT NULL default '0.0000',)

PRIMARY KEY (coupons_id)

);

I have fudged mine to work now.

I used phpmyadmin to manually input a discount code, And now when I use my shop admin tool the discount code part now works :D

univalent

Does the database still get created after you run th query?

If so do what I did and manually create a code,

I am guessing that one of the fields that is set to NOT NULL needs to be Nullable (wonders if thats a real word :-" )

I dont know enough about DB's and when messing in MSSQL at work I just mess until I get it to work or get some else to do it :-"

I have fudged mine to work now.

I used phpmyadmin to manually input a discount code, And now when I use my shop admin tool the discount code part now works :D

univalent

Does the database still get created after you run th query?

If so do what I did and manually create a code,

I am guessing that one of the fields that is set to NOT NULL needs to be Nullable (wonders if thats a real word :-" )

I dont know enough about DB's and when messing in MSSQL at work I just mess until I get it to work or get some else to do it :-"

Hey GW2

After running the query, I get the error message and can't create the database. I had to create and insert the tables and fields manually via phpmyadmin. All is well, able to install and set coupon codes in admin panel. Coupon code does appear in checkout. The only problem is that after setting the discount to be used only once in the admin panel, i can still re-apply the code aferwards in shoppingcart. I'll try your suggestion and change the settings to nullable:) and also create a code manually. Cross your fingers.

work great!

Thanks you for your hard work.

is there a way that it can automatic insert the coupon code into the invoice & email confirmation order so we can make the customer come back with the code for next order?

Thanks

Edited by cdllt

Well, I had the contribution installed, and I thought everything was fine. I was able to create coupons, the order totals were correct, etc.

However, if the customer chooses to pay with Paypal, (whether they use a coupon or not) then when they click continue, it just brings them back to the checkout_payment.php page. If they pay by check, it works correctly and takes them to checkout_confirmation.php.

Does anyone know why this is happening? I had to uninstall it because nobody could make any orders, but now they can't use their promised discounts.

Cathi

Well, I had the contribution installed, and I thought everything was fine. I was able to create coupons, the order totals were correct, etc.

However, if the customer chooses to pay with Paypal, (whether they use a coupon or not) then when they click continue, it just brings them back to the checkout_payment.php page. If they pay by check, it works correctly and takes them to checkout_confirmation.php.

Does anyone know why this is happening? I had to uninstall it because nobody could make any orders, but now they can't use their promised discounts.

Cathi

I am no expert here but I would think that if other payment options are working and the paypal one isnt then try unistalling re-installing the paypal one?

Andy: I'm still having problems with this contribution. When I enter a new coupon, it just shows up with () as the coupon name and with the discount as 0. I went into the database table and entered a coupon manually, and it then shows up correctly, but the coupon doesn't show up in checkout.

Can you tell me what sort order you have used and what your settings are for discount coupons in the Order Total module?

Your coupon shows up? As in shows up in the admin section? Or shows up on the order confirmation but not with your payment processor?

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

I have just installed this contrib, All seemed quite easy (as it does) until it came to entering a discount code.

In admin\catalog in the admin section of website (were I believe I enter the discount codes)

All I get is the following

Also when I go through the checkout process when I get to the part where a discount code can be entered its box is titled - ENTRY_DISCOUNT_COUPON

The MySQL error: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=144095

The ENTRY_DISCOUNT_COUPON displays because you missed one teeny little step:

catalog/includes/languages/english.php ----------------------------------------

add

//kgt - discount coupons

define('ENTRY_DISCOUNT_COUPON_ERROR', 'The coupon code you have entered is not valid.');

define('ENTRY_DISCOUNT_COUPON_USE_ERROR', 'Our records show that you have used this coupon %s time(s). You may not use this code more than %s time(s).');

define('ENTRY_DISCOUNT_COUPON_MIN_ERROR', 'The minimum order total for this coupon is %s');

define('ENTRY_DISCOUNT_COUPON', 'Coupon Code:');

//end kgt - discount coupons

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

Which Paypal module? And when you say "click continue" - do you mean click continue on the checkout_payment.php page or another page?

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

Which Paypal module? And when you say "click continue" - do you mean click continue on the checkout_payment.php page or another page?

Thanks for responding. It was when they clicked continue on checkout_payment.php. I finally figured it out, after uninstalling all the changes...UGH! :'( Then I went back and looked at the original contribution.

I had installed it before May 30, when you updated the install instructions. Once I corrected the minor error in the checkout_confirmation.php, everything is working just perfectly! :)

I LOVE this contribution! :thumbsup: Thanks!

Cathi

Just tested the max use of a coupon on my store after reading another thread. If I set max use to 2, The code can still be used.

Can anybody help to rectify this? before I starting putting real codes out for general use please?

Regard

Get-wireless

Edited by Get-Wireless 2

Hi KGT

Thanks for the replies, I have just downloaded and manually upgraded version 1.1 I still how ever have the same problem :(

My button has now changed its txt and moved over tho the left a little, but still the coupon can be used more than the max use I set it to, I have tried max uses set to 1 2 and 3 and each time I can use that particular coupon more the the specified number of time.

I can if needed d\l my php files relating to this mod for you to look at if that helps?

Sorry I am unable to edit the above post,

I should have said the button had moved over to the right not left.

I have also now noticed I am not getting emails regarding new orders. This is only since I upgraded.

Regards

Shaun

It more likely an error on my part as I compleatly messed up another contrib I had installed trying to update this one.

I have compleatly rolled back now so my store is pre coupons.

I am either gonna install the latest coupons or discount groups.

However and this may require a seperate thread for this question.

If install discount groups can I stop discount coupons being used by any members in the groups?