• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal IPN - Notification URL

burnsy44

Instant Payment Notification integrates PayPal payment notification and authentication with your website's back-end operations. Check this box to activate Instant Payment Notification, and enter the URL at which you will receive the payment notifications below .........

So what is the Notification URL ?

I know a few of you have seen this, it's on the Paypal account Profile where you enable IPN.

I didn't even think you had to enable this for osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.0 For 2.2MS2 to work, but I keep getting Invalid Process error when a payment is processed.

I've seen a post that suggests it can be the ISP's firewall blocking the HTTP POST from Paypal, but my webhost (godaddy.com) won't acknowledge the issue, claiming the problem is with Paypal.

Crap.

Kickin' the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight ....

Instant Payment Notification integrates PayPal payment notification and authentication with your website's back-end operations. Check this box to activate Instant Payment Notification, and enter the URL at which you will receive the payment notifications below .........

So what is the Notification URL ?

I know a few of you have seen this, it's on the Paypal account Profile where you enable IPN.

I didn't even think you had to enable this for osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.0 For 2.2MS2 to work, but I keep getting Invalid Process error when a payment is processed.

I've seen a post that suggests it can be the ISP's firewall blocking the HTTP POST from Paypal, but my webhost (godaddy.com) won't acknowledge the issue, claiming the problem is with Paypal.

Crap.

See http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=211784 and other related paypal threads on the forum.

I've done searches for other Paypal IPN related threads and I can't find a clear answer to "What do I enter for NOTIFICATION URL when enabling IPN at Paypal".

If this is a stupid question let me know, but I've spent a whole day trying to process a payment from my site only to get "Invalid Process" email notification.

Kickin' the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight ....