• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

The osCommere-run Prank Shop

fsaleh50

It has potential... I'm very impressed.

Great colour contrast and use of the stylesheet. This seems inspired by a template as you have the cc logo at the footer and of course the tell tale shopping cart in header with trademark: " 1 items in cart" grammer error

The product info pages are a let down because the pale yellow background as good as it looks are beginning to look a touch wierd as all of your images are on a white background: read my review for this store and you must click the link to see his store as it is a perfect example of why you need to add matching colour to the 'image background' - look at the blue background and matching image background: here

The other thing about the product info pages are that they have the 'related products' too close to the rest of the description and really should be below the description text and the image, at the moment it is below the text but right next to image eating in to your presentation.

Also, the product info pages should have uniformed images, all should be the same size if possible, makes it look much better.

The googleads are really off putting in the create account page and the scrolling iframe page is too close to the ads - the text informing customers about benefits of registering and so on as well as the infobox to ask about customers is really good. The colours go really well together.

The live support pop-up seems excellent. The best I've seen even though you were off-line. Which program did you use for that as it seems pretty decent.

All in all, the background site, the stylesheet colours and the ingenuity behind it are worthy of nothing except compliments but:

i) change the index page text about 'Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account?'

ii) maybe add the purchase without account contribution as it allows customers to buy without having to register.

iii) the buttons are from a template that I have used on a demo site - change them and use a more appropriate colour and style, preferably slightly larger ones.

Good Luck

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

This is my first e-commerce experience. This is a spin-off business to a popular online prank site, I thought selling pranks might be a good idea. Here is what the "monkeydoO shop" as I call it looks like:

www.monkeydoo.com/shop

suggestions are welcome, thanks

Hi,

Nice Site!! It did load a little slow, but my cable connection has been a little slow lately. The design is nice, I really don't like animated logos but yours looks good. One thing I would do is get rid of the Male/Female, Birthdate, Company, and Suburb fields on your signup form. The company and suburb is ok, but I would definantely get rid of the first two. People don't like to give that out online. Also, for what it costs for 2checkout, you ought to look into paypal website payments pro. Since you already have paypal they let your customer enter in their credit card #'s directly on your site and the money is put into your paypal account. If you don't do that now, you should definantely do that once you start making money. It looks more proffessional. Also don't forget about SSL, its pretty cheap. I also agree with the related products being too close, it looks a little strange. Also, the name of the category "nasty" makes it sound a little bad, just something I noticed. I really like the design, not cluttered or anything. Overall, pretty good job. Not a whole lot to change.

Site looking goood... Just a quick one - maybe I'm blind, but I couldn't see the shipping information - one thing that I really hate (as a customer) is not begin able to easily find out how much it is going to cost to get something posted to me...

Otherewise, looking good!

Good Luck

~barbara~

What contribution do you use for the live help?

That's a really nice feature ...

I like the general layout of the site, everything is nice and clear.

What contribution do you use for the live help?

That's a really nice feature ...

Yes, the live help seems pretty decent for most of whats out there.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

• 7 months later...
Yes, the live help seems pretty decent for most of whats out there.

Shine Live Help is a good Chat application. It is open source and works with SugarCRM. Sugar has a plug-in to osCommerce so the combo of the three is pretty good.

Archived