• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

uploading my webpage

moisea

hello,

i'm trying to upload site from localhost to my webserver however, i don't know how to transfer my database from my localhost. is there a practical way to upload my site than to do it directory by directory and file by file?

can someone please help? many thanks...

hello,

i'm trying to upload site from localhost to my webserver however, i don't know how to transfer my database from my localhost. is there a practical way to upload my site than to do it directory by directory and file by file?

can someone please help? many thanks...

You need make a backup of your database. Pake the backup as a .sql file as we will need this backup later to be executed as an sql command.

Then ftp your site to your new server. You should be able to do this very simply with a ftp program. Then your webverver should have some kind of database management interface like phpmyadmin. There you create a database. Then you need to execute an sql command on this new database. There should be a browse option for this and you need to select the backup you made of your osc database. Then your backup will be written over top of your freshly created database.

Next all you need to do is configure your includes/configure.php and the admin/includes/configure.php files to reflect the new server settings and the new database settings

You should pretty much be good to go then.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

Archived