• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

manufacturers.php

In attempting to change "manufacturers" to "authors" and "products" to "books," I somehow am ending up with a totally blank white page when I click on this file (now "Authors" on my admin page under "Catalog"):

admin\includes\languages\english\manufacturers.php

I am a complete novice to php. Could someone please help me figure out why this is not working?

Thanks so much,

Lori

----

<?php

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Authors');

define('TABLE_HEADING_MANUFACTURERS', 'Authors');

define('TABLE_HEADING_ACTION', 'Action');

define('TEXT_HEADING_NEW_MANUFACTURER', 'New Author');

define('TEXT_HEADING_EDIT_MANUFACTURER', 'Edit Author');

define('TEXT_HEADING_DELETE_MANUFACTURER', 'Delete Author');

define('TEXT_MANUFACTURERS', 'Author:');

define('TEXT_DATE_ADDED', 'Date Added:');

define('TEXT_LAST_MODIFIED', 'Last Modified:');

define('TEXT_PRODUCTS', 'Book:');

define('TEXT_IMAGE_NONEXISTENT', 'IMAGE DOES NOT EXIST');

define('TEXT_NEW_INTRO', 'Please fill out the following information for the new author');

define('TEXT_EDIT_INTRO', 'Please make any necessary changes');

define('TEXT_MANUFACTURERS_NAME', 'Authors Name:');

define('TEXT_MANUFACTURERS_IMAGE', 'Authors Image:');

define('TEXT_MANUFACTURERS_URL', 'Authors URL:');

define('TEXT_DELETE_INTRO', 'Are you sure you want to delete this author?');

define('TEXT_DELETE_IMAGE', 'Delete authors image?');

define('TEXT_DELETE_PRODUCTS', 'Delete book from this author? (including book reviews, books on special, upcoming books)');

define('TEXT_DELETE_WARNING_PRODUCTS', '<b>WARNING:</b> There are %s books still linked to this author!');

define('ERROR_DIRECTORY_NOT_WRITEABLE', 'Error: I can not write to this directory. Please set the right user permissions on: %s');

define('ERROR_DIRECTORY_DOES_NOT_EXIST', 'Error: Directory does not exist: %s');

?>

Why did you edit the 'admin' panel? No one but yourself is going to see that. All you needed to do was to change the heading for 'Categories' on the storefront so that it read something like 'Genres', and edit the Manufacturers box heading so that it read Authors. You could have done that easily enough in includes/languages/english.php

Vger

Why did you edit the 'admin' panel? No one but yourself is going to see that. All you needed to do was to change the heading for 'Categories' on the storefront so that it read something like 'Genres', and edit the Manufacturers box heading so that it read Authors. You could have done that easily enough in includes/languages/english.php

Vger

Thanks, but that doesn't help me right now. Any ideas how to fix it?

Could anyone even just send me a copy of the generic default file so I can re-do it?

Again, this is what I need: admin/includes/languages/english/manufacturers.php

(By the way, I was following the advice of someone on another osCommerce-related forum when he listed this file in the 'admin' panel among a number of others to edit when changing "Manufacturers." Hindsight. What a wonderful thing.)

Thanks for any help.

Lori

[email protected]

Archived