• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need help Migrating PWA and

matrix2223

I have tried and tried but still no luck. I was wondering if anyone hear in this forum could possibly lead me in the right direction or provide an answer as to how to get the two to work together. I know this can be done because I have other peoples stores with it done. I have tried to contact them with a no return to my message.

All help or thoughts will be highly appriciated,

Thank you,

Surely the 'how did you hear about us' fields can stay in the create account page for obvious reasons but also be inserted somewhere in the checkout too (for PWA)

What do you think?

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

yes I realize this I have inserted code in various places with where PWA code is but I havent had any luck as of yet.

Thus, is why I post this question being that no one in the support thread of "How did you hear about us" had given an answer. Which I had asked like 3 days ago.

If you know the answer please enlightin us all here.

Thank you

I have not used PWA for my own site but was planning on using the Matrix version (hehe) in due course, but I have a feint recollection of when I download the istructions file on one of the versions to see the code out of curiousity. Without actually installing it and seeing it work, I can't speculate.

I did test out the 'how did you hear about us' contribution many months ago before deciding not to use it but can remember some of that. It's a shame you're having problems with it, in this scenario it does seem handy to have that function.

I know the extra fields contribution from nana would let you put questions/dropboxes/fields all over the place if you wanted, at the end of the day there's no harm in trying that too even though it may have same effect. Maybe it'll be better?

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

True,

I hope I didnt seem smart or anything. Just a little fustrated as to why no one in that thread doesnt know that answer. Even though they probably have done it themselves. But like most things that I have complications with I normally end up figuring it out on my own anyhow. Thank you for your advice. When I do figure it out I will most certainly post in the the PWA thread, and or in the How did you .... thread.

Thanks again chooch

Wait a second, I just downloaded PWA... I didn't know PWA had an SQL to add. I remember HDYHAU had one too.

How about using the SQL to add a similar line in PWA orders? The command that actually adds the HDYHAU selection in admin/customers.php

Again, without a working version I can't test it by adding SQL but if you have a chance, don't use code in your PWA checkout to get what you want, try using the SQL to insert a command to get what you want.

Hope that helps, if not - I'll keep my mouth shut on this one from now on.

CHOOCH

Hey Chooch I got it to work in the create_account.php onlything is The text is missing from the admin>reports>refferal sources page and where the text you click on to see the refferal when clicked it doesnt do anything I have no idea if you dont mind go to my site under my profile and take a quick looksie.

I can post my code if youd like?

Thanks,

Eric

Hey Chooch I got it to work in the create_account.php onlything is The text is missing from the admin>reports>refferal sources page and where the text you click on to see the refferal when clicked it doesnt do anything I have no idea if you dont mind go to my site under my profile and take a quick looksie.

I can post my code if youd like?

Thanks,

Eric

Yes go for it, PM me.

CHOOCH

Archived